Chapter 10: The Cat and Mouse Game is ON! ☆

POV Mirai Sasaki

For a long time, I believed that it was impossible to change the future... In fact, any future that I saw through my quirk could not be changed. That was an absolute rule.

How wrong I was...

I remember spending much of the night reading some files related to Kai Chisaki and his alleged illegal operations... Operations of which no concrete evidence has been found. I remember yawning and possibly falling asleep without realizing it due to overwork.

However, something happened...

Something happened while I was sleeping...

Without any explanation... My quirk had been activated involuntarily... Causing me an unbearable headache and a strong burning in my right eye.

At that precise moment, when my eyes abruptly opened...

The future...

...Changed.

Changed

Chapter 10: The Cat and Mouse Game is ON!

"AHHH!" I exclaimed in pain, trying in vain to stop my quirk as the pupil of my right eye continued to spin uncontrollably before a small line of blood gushed from my right eye.

Numerous images flashed through my head at an alarming speed... So much destruction... So much chaos... So much despair... Somehow, the future had changed.

..And this new future was indeed... Very scary.

It took me almost a minute to force my quirk to stop and regain my composure. The headache still persists but the intensity has gradually decreased, my breathing is erratic, and the vision in my right eye has become blurry at best.

However, that doesn't stop me from scanning the surroundings of my office with my eyes, instantly noticing several things out of place.

* All lights are off as are any electrical devices connected to an outlet. There is no doubt, the electricity has been interrupted but that does not explain why the emergency generators did not turn on. Luckily, my office is lightly lit by the moonlight filtering through the windows.

* By the way, the windows in my office are open... I remember the windows were closed before I fell asleep.

* On top of my desk is a strange syringe with some blue liquid still inside... I have no doubt, the syringe contained Trigger, or at least an altered version of that drug. That could certainly explain the forced activation of my quirk and subsequent loss of control.