✯ 3 ✯ The Ripple

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

My luck was officially over.

I suppose it's karma. I mean I had met three very important hero characters. So, despite meeting Dabi, I suppose karma did have to swing the other way.

But why him?

I was just on a walk around my neighborhood when I saw him. His bright bluish-white hair was what initially drew my attention to him. The poor boy was shivering as he sat against the wall of an alleyway. What made it worse was the fact it was raining.

My feet moved before I could think, and within minutes I was in front of the shivering boy. I was holding my umbrella over us as I crouched down in front of him. The boy looked up at me and the second he did there was no doubting who this was.

Tomura Shigaraki.

I was hoping I was mistaken, but there is no way I could say that now.

Our eyes stayed glued to each other's eyes. There was a sense of mutual understanding. We both knew this world was unfair and painful life could be. Hell, I died at nineteen.

There was so much pain in his eyes. So much guilt and grief and anxiety.

That's when the realization hit hard. Shigaraki wasn't a hate-fueled, psychotic, murderer...not yet. He was just a kid who went through something traumatic and was abandoned by society. It doesn't make his actions justified, but it was understandable why he was so hateful.

I felt guilty for judging, for being afraid, of this boy. He was just as scared of his own quirk as I was. He didn't mean to kill his family. He was just emotionally pushed to the point his quirk involuntarily came out. He was four and didn't know how to control his quirk. And here I was being judgmental for crimes he hasn't even committed yet.

From what I remember about Shigaraki's past was that his father was abusive both physically and emotionally. His mother couldn't help him as much as she wanted, his sister had always tried to protect herself by blaming Shigaraki, and his grandparents just stood aside and let him be abused.

Then he accidentally killed his family and searched for help from anyone on the streets. Yet everyone avoided and abandoned him, thinking heroes would just take care of him. It was awful.

In truth, all the villains just needed someone to be kind to them and try to understand them. Just a little bit of kindness towards these guys...and the whole world can change.

I reached forward and placed my hand on his head.

"It's okay. I'll help you now," I smiled.

Shigaraki's eyes widened as I kept my smile. I held out the umbrella and Shigaraki hesitantly reached out. He grabbed the Umbrella, his hand above mine, and I suppose he forgot what his quirk was as the umbrella decayed. Shigaraki's hand shot back towards himself and I frowned.

"It's okay. It's alright. Um...give me a second. I'll be right back. Don't move," I assured.

I quickly entered the small store across the street and searched my pockets. I had a bit of money my parents had given me for food should I want any.

I would never know why my parents let their five-year-old girl walk alone around the neighborhood. Anime logic, I guess.

Anyway, I bought some gloves for him, another umbrella, and some snacks. I walked back outside and walked back to the alley. Shigaraki seemed shocked that I returned and my heart hurt for him.

"Try holding the umbrella with four fingers. I need to open this," I said.

Shigaraki hesitantly grabbed the umbrella, and when it didn't decay he smiled a little. I smiled at his smile and worked on opening the small package of gloves. I was about to help him put the glove on when I realized something. If all his fingers were inside the glove then he would decay the glove. That's why he wore gloves that covered only three of his fingers in the anime, right?