✯ 47 ✯ Races and Changes

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

As the day went on we finally got to heroics class. Tenya and I had finally gone back to Midnight and changed our hero names. Tenya went with Impulse, a hero name I'd suggested after he'd given many...strange suggestions, and I chose Angel with a bit more convincing. We were told to go to one of the Field Gamma made of pipes, metal, and factory buildings. We waited a bit, after arriving and changing, for All Might.

"I am here! Hope you're ready to return to our lessons. Today it's hero basic training. It feels like I haven't seen you in a while, so welcome back. Now then, listen carefully for what's in store. We're going to be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned in your internships and apply it to this rescue training," All Might said.

"If it's rescue training then shouldn't we be at the USJ instead?" Tenya asked, raising his arm.

"Ah, that facility specializes in disasters. As I said earlier this is a race, so prepare. You're about to step into Field Gamma! Inside is an area full of factories that form an intricate labyrinth, so good luck finding your way around. You'll be competing in groups of five, with one being a group of six, each person starts from a different location on the outskirts of the model city. I'll send a distress signal, and you do what you must to rescue me. Whoever finds me first wins. But try to keep the property damage to a bare minimum please," All Might said, ending his explanation by pointing to Katsuki.

"Why are you pointing at me?" Katsuki huffed, turning away.

"Alright! First group, get to your places!" All Might announced.

The first group consisted of Izuku, Tenya, Mashirao, Sero, and Mina.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right? He should sit this out," Kaminari said.

"Yeah, and everyone in this group has really good mobility," Kirishima added.

"Huh, I'd say Midoriya is at a heavy disadvantage against those four," Momo said.

"That's what I think. Moving around quickly isn't really one of his strong suits, that's for sure. And whenever he uses his powers he gets badly injured," Kyoka agreed.

"Who's your pick? I'm betting on Sero," Kirishima said, turning to Kamianri.

"Oh yeah, I got odds on Oijiro," Kaminari replied.

"I choose Ashido, cause she's got a super athletic body!" Mineta said.

"I know Deku will be last," Katsuki added.

"Even though he's still recovering, I think Iida's got this one," Uraraka said.

I turned to Shoto with a knowing smile.

"So, (L/N), what do you think?" Kaminari asked me.

I huffed turning away from the yellow haired boy.

Yup, so I've been giving him the silent treatment since the festival...it's been killing him.

"Come on, please talk to me! I'm sorry!" Kaminari cried.

I continued to ignore him, and Kaminari turned to Kirishima for help.

"That's all you dude. Still, (L/N), what do you think?" Kirishima asked.

I looked up and hummed in thought.

"I'm sure Izuku will surprise you all, but everyone's pretty skilled," I replied.

"You seem sure, ribbit," Tsu said.

"Is everyone ready?! Begin!" All Might yelled.

We watched as the five made their way quickly with Sero being in the lead.