✯ 19 ✯ Recognition

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

I was frozen.

Not like I could move if I wanted. He could lower that fifth finger within seconds and I'd be dead.

Yet, I wasn't scared.

It was probably stupid not to be scared. Yet, when I looked into those blood red eyes I didn't see a monster.

I saw the trembling kid I met all those years ago on that rainy day.

Pain, guilt, grief, anxiety.

Everything I saw that day, but I saw something else as well.

Fear.

Not of himself, but fear of something else.

He seemed to recognize me but seemed to lose focus. His grip tightened and I began to struggle to breathe. I reached up and held his wrist, clawing at it to try and pull it away.

Suddenly Hawks' feather floated up and sharpened before stabbing Shigaraki's hand. He hissed and let go of my neck. I fell to my knees while trying to catch my breath.

As I looked up I saw his hand reach out towards me and I moved back against the wall. Shigaraki snatched Hawks' feather and yanked it off my neck before decaying it.

I watched as the feather turned gray before turning into dust.

That's what happens to people?

That's...terrifying.

Shigaraki kneeled in front of me and I stayed still.

"What's your name?" he asked.

I didn't want to tell him. Telling him would probably mean he'd look up the name later, and he'd probably find information on one, if not both, of my parents.

He'd find out about my parents' quirks which could lead to him assuming about mine.

Healing quirks were rare.

That's one fact about this world I'd found. Quirks like my mom's or Recovery Girl's were highly sought after...by both sides of the law.

Heroes wanted it so they could continue fighting crime.

Villains wanted it so they could continue to violate the law.

It was dangerous to tell people about healing quirks.

It would definitely be dangerous telling Shigaraki of such a quirk, and I've already made the mistake of telling Overhaul.

If he cannot use my quirk...would he kill me so the heroes wouldn't have it.

Would he kill my mom?

I have to realize that this isn't the little boy from that rainy day.

This is a killer.

Someone who will try to kill my classmates and thousands of innocent people in the future. Someone who has probably already killed many people.

This isn't Tenko Shimura anymore.

This is Tomura Shigaraki.

He's tall and skinny. His face and neck are dry and flaky. His eyes hold menace.

He's a true villain.

"What is your-?" he began to ask again, impatience littered in his tone.

"Why should I tell you? You almost choked me to death," I replied.

Shigaraki smiled at me. Some sort of spark in his eyes that made him look psychotic.

"You don't remember me, do you?" he asked.