✯ 37 ✯ The First Rounds

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

I left to mentally prepare myself instead of participating in the games. Deciding it was best not to contact Iida's brother until Izuku and Shinso's match I relaxed myself for the next hour of games. Unfortunately that did mean I was going to miss the first match.

Sorry you two.

In the middle of my break I felt my phone buzzing. Reaching into my pocket, having changed out of my cheerleading outfit, I looked at who was calling. I smiled and answered the call, putting my phone to my ear and leaning back on the bench I was sitting on. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

"Hawks? I'm surprised that you're calling," I smiled.

"What? I can't call my favorite fan to encourage her?" Hawks asked.

"I'm not saying that, I just thought you'd be busy," I replied.

"I'm never too busy for you, songbird," Hawks replied.

His voice sounded closer than being on the phone. Suddenly I felt a small flick on my forehead. I let out a small yelp before opening my eyes and looked up to see Hawks floating in front of me.

"You're here?!" I yelled.

"Shh, come on songbird, you're surprised?" Hawks asked.

"Absolutely," I replied.

"Now, where is your feather? You aren't wearing it," Hawks narrowed his eyes.

"I didn't want it getting damaged during the Sports Festival," I replied.

"And what about your safety?" Hawks asked.

"I'm surrounded by heroes and within UA grounds during a large festival. Villains wouldn't attack now," I replied.

"You were attacked when surrounded by heroes, within UA grounds, just a couple weeks ago. I don't care if it was damaged, I just want to know you're safe, kid," Hawks replied.

His worried gaze caught me off guard and I hung my head out of guilt. I was so sure that villains wouldn't attack since I had the future to depend on, but I forget that not everyone has my knowledge.

Hawks had no clue, and the reason so many heroes were here was to deter that possibility.

"Sorry, I didn't think about it like that," I apologized.

Hawks sighed and sat next to me, placing his hand on my head.

"It's alright, just keep this with you at all times," he said.

The feather Hawks had given me, looped through a cord to make it a necklace, flew in front of me. It tickled my nose before landing in my hands.

"It was in my locker, how-?" I asked.

"I'm the number three hero, remember?" Hawks teased.

Rolling my eyes I put the necklace on when I felt a second necklace hanging around my neck. Hawks, being perceptive as always, noticed it.

"So you're worried about my feather, but not this necklace?" Hawks asked.

"I forgot I had it on. I'm so used to wearing it I forget it's there," I muttered, gently holding the necklace Touya had meant to give me.

Suddenly my phone's alarm went off and I sighed. Taking it out I noticed my time was up and I had to head back into the arena. Standing up I turned to face Hawks who was still sitting down.

"Wish me luck, yeah?" I asked.

"I have no worries, kid. I'll be watching while on patrol," he winked.