A Friend And A Rebar

"Probably for the best." Bobby stirred the pot.

"What was that?" Chimney turned to Bobby.

"Nothing. I'm sorry. I..I didn't mean anything by that. You doing okay?" Bobby changed the subject.

"Of course you meant something by it. Probably for the best? There's a lot of meaning behind that. What, you don't..you don't like her?" Chimney moved toward Bobby.

"I never said I don't like her. I don't like her for you." Bobby's words caught the attention of Y/N, Hen and Buck.

"And what does that even mean? No. Come on. Come on with it, wise man, uh..just say what you want to say, cause I'm getting real tired of you standing there, just silently judging me with that...yeah, right there, with that smirk on your face. You know, you're always so quick..to comment on everybody's life, but you completely shut down whenever we ask you about yours or Phoenix's. Why is that? Huh? I mean, how long have we worked together, Bobby? I know nothing about you. I've never even met your wife and your other kids. You know why? Cause all you do is you sit there, brooding, staring in that little book of yours." Chimney ranted as they all watched, Buck put his arm around Y/N at the mention of her family.

"You know what? You're upset, let's drop it." Bobby glanced over at Y/N.

"Oh, my God, Bobby. Come on, just say it! What is it? Say it!" Chimney started to shout.

"All right, you're living a lie, man! You let her manipulate you. You pretend to be somebody you're not when you're around her. Making up stories to satisfy some hero fetish of hers? What is that?" Bobby argued.

"You know what? Maybe I wouldn't have to make up stories if every once in a while, you let me take point on something. I have to operate the winch, right? And the Maneuver? I can do the Maneuver." Chimney threw his hands up in the air.

"I know you can. That's not the point here. Chimney, this relationship that you're in is fueled by lies. Come on. Y..You asked me to make you two dinner so you could pass it off as your own. She's not in love with you. She's in love with this fantasy version of you." Bobby started yelling.

"You know what? I feel real bad for your wife. I really do. Must be tough living with someone who thinks he's right all the time." Chimney walked away, heading toward the stairs as Buck hugged Y/N.

"Chim." Hen tried, as she watched him.

"No, I'm getting some air." Chimney dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

"You okay?" Buck looked down at Y/N in his arms as Bobby walked off and Hen followed.

"Yeah. We all have secrets." Y/N nodded.

"Do we?" Buck frowned confused.

"Not between us, but my Dad, he doesn't know the truth about that night." Y/N pulled away from Buck.

"All right, everybody, let's gear up! Let's go! Let's go!" Bobby called out from downstairs.

"For what? I didn't hear a bell." Buck looked down at Bobby.

"It's Chimney. Come on. Hustle up. Hustle up, everybody, let's go!" Bobby headed to the truck as the alarm started ringing.

* On Scene *

"Captain Nash." Another firefighter captain walked over to greet them.

"Yeah. Thanks for calling." Bobby shook his hand.

"Your guys this way. He wouldn't let anyone else touch him. You, uh..you might want to prepare yourself, sir." The captain looked at Bobby.

"Hang back, guys." Bobby turned to look at the three of them.