S2: E5 Awful People

"LAFD. Step aside, please." Bobby walked toward the crowd of people.

"I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to move the car." A woman looked at Bobby.

"You did the right thing. We'll take it from here." Bobby assured the woman.

"Do any of you have a pen? I've got a partial licence plate. Somebody should write it down." The woman looked up at them.

"Don't worry about the licence plate, ma'am. It's right here on the back of the car." Eddie gestured to the car.

"Not this car. The car that hit me." The woman had pain in her voice.

"Uh, wait, this isn't the car that hit you?" Buck looked at the woman confused.

"No, this is the car that ran me over. Both better be insured." The woman seethed in annoyance.

"Let's just focus on getting you out of here first, ma'am. Firefighter Nash, why don't you go wait in the truck." Bobby didn't even look at Y/N.

The team all looked at Y/N confused, as she rolled her eyes, groaning silently, as she turned and went to the truck.

"I think there's enough room. We can slide a backboard under here and pull her out that way. Okay, C..can you tell me your name?" Buck checked the space under the car.

"Lorraine." She cried out in pain as Athena walked over.

"Hey, wait. Don't we know you?" Hen looked down at her.

"Uh, no, I don't..I don't..I don't think so." Lorraine watched Hen.

"Last year, Hancock Park." Hen looked at Chimney in realisation.

"That's right. I never forget a femur." Chimney nodded as Athena looked at Lorraine.

"It's the damned Porch Pirate." Athena looked at them.

Y/N watched from the truck as they got Lorraine up onto the stretcher.

"Guess you moved up from porches to parking lots, huh, Lorraine? What's your scam?" Athena looked at Lorraine.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I went to my court mandated treatment. I'm completely cured. Haven't stolen a package in months." Lorraine looked at the EMTs.

"Mmhmm. I heard you settled with that home owner." Athena nodded.

"The house she fell in front of when she was package stealing?" Hen looked at Athena.

"I didn't realise you could sue someone for being injured during the commission of a felony." Chimney looked at Lorraine.

"Pled down to a misdemeanour. Insurance companies are happy to settle instead of going to court." Lorraine hid a smile.

"Insurance companies are less happy about fraud. And I got three witnesses who claim you intentionally stepped out behind that poor woman's car. Makes me wonder what I might find when I pull the security footage from this parking lot." Athena followed them to the ambulance.

"I think you'll find a woman suffering with mobility issues. Lot of trouble walking since that fall on the steps. You know, I wonder if it's because I received improper care on the scene." Lorraine looked at Chimney and Athena.

"So you're gonna sue us now?" Hen chuckled.

"Oh, you folks are city employees. Probably don't make that much. But the city.. There's probably some deep pockets there, don't you think?" Lorraine watched as they closed the doors.

* Firehouse*

"Bobby, I think you and Fi, need to have a serious talk. You took her off the scene." Hen walked upstairs with Chimney.