S5: E11 Outside Looking In

Bobby jogged over to the man that waved them over as they arrived on scene.

"Does it feel weird, with Eddie not being here?" Buck looked at Y/N.

"I haven't really thought about it. Why? Does it feel weird to you?" Y/N turned to him.

"Yes. Chimneys been gone for ages and now Eddie's gone too. Fi, our family is falling apart." Buck watched her with a frown.

"Our family is not falling apart, Buck. Chimneys going to come home with Maddie, and Edmundo will be back at work once he's ready. Everything is going to be fine." Y/N reassured Buck.

"How are you so sure that they'll both come back?" Buck glanced ahead at Bobby talking to the man.

"Because I have hope that they will, and I know they'll both miss the two of us. I mean, we make work and life so much better." Y/N chuckled making Buck smile.

"Okay, Jonah, Hen, you take the roof. Buck, Fi, we're gonna come at him from the inside." Bobby glanced back at them as they made their way over.

"Copy that, Cap." Buck gave him a nod.

"Good luck." Y/N gave Hen a look, glancing at Jonah.

"I'm gonna need it." Hen reassured her as they parted.

"Cap, how we looking down there?" Hen came through the radio as they walked up the stairs.

"Almost in position." Bobby moved stuff out of the way.

"Uh, hey, Cap. I don't want to be insensitive. But his legs look really short." Buck looked at the victim's legs.

"Great start to shift." Y/N followed his gaze in shock.

"Hen, Jonah, get down here right now." Bobby stared at the victim's legs.

"Bilateral open knee dislocation. The impact forced the femurs down through the knee, landed on his feet, and his upper legs kept going." Hen looked at the victim's legs.

"I think it's better now, that he can't feel them." Jonah glanced at Hen.

"Oh, blood loss is not bad considering. Lucky he didn't sever his femural arteries." Hen turned to Jonah.

"Can we reset them here?" Jonah looked at Hen.

"Absolutely not. You know better than to attempt that out in the field." Hen shook her head.

"I heard you liked to push the envelope. Something about having your hand inside a guys torso for hours." Jonah smiled at Hen.

"That's a completely different envelope. Grab the splints. He's ready for extraction, Cap." Hen watched Jonah.

"Alright, Lenny, you stay calm, it's gonna get a little noisy." Bobby advised Lenny.

Bobby and Y/N covered Lenny with a blanket as Buck used the saw to cut the roof so they could get him out safely.
As they made their way back to the engine, everyone started applauding, and Buck bowed with a smile as Bobby gave him a look of disbelief.

* At Eddie's Place *

"Where's Daddy?" Eva looked at Y/N as she helped Christopher with homework.

"He went for a walk. Can I help you with anything?" Y/N smiled at Eva.

"No. Let me know when Daddy gets back. I want to show him something." Eva ran back to the lounge room.

"What is work like without Dad?" Christopher looked at Y/N.

"Chris, you don't need to worry about your Dad or me. Okay? We love each other so much, that we don't need to be together all the time." Y/N reassured Christopher.