S4: E5 Buck Begins

"This explains so much about you." Eddie chuckled as he watched Buck.

"It's a miracle that you even survived childhood." Hen nodded along.

"It's a miracle he survived yesterday." Eddie glanced over at Hen.

"It was the only way I could get their attention. Guess now we know why. They never wanted another kid. They just had me for parts. Defective parts, as it turned out." Buck frowned at the thought.

"Hey, that's not on you." Eddie smiled at Buck in protest.

"I doubt they would agree." Buck forced a smile as Y/N sat in silence beside Eddie.

"Have you talked to them about it?" Bobby watched Buck.

"What am I gonna say? Hey, I'm really sorry about your dead son, but can we just talk about me for a minute." Buck glanced at Bobby.

"Daniel wasn't their only son. You matter too, Buck." Hen leaned forward.

"Sure. Just..just not to them." Buck frowned at Hen.

"Sorry I'm late, Cap. Hey, can we talk in private?" Chimney walked over looking at Buck.

"No need. Come on. They all heard the story." Buck turned to Chimney gesturing to the others.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Believe me, I wanted to.." Chimney frowned at Buck.

"I get it. Maddie put you in a tough spot. She does that." Buck watched Chimney before walking away.

"You should call her, Buck. She really wants to talk to you." Chimney watched after Buck.

"Fi." Hen glanced at Y/N as Buck didn't say anything back.

"Oh, yeah, right." Y/N got to her feet following after Buck.

"Hey, is Fi, okay? She seems distant." Hen looked at Eddie concerned.

"It's probably just all this Buckley family drama. I know it's messing me up." Chimney reassured Hen.

"Buck! Hey!" Y/N caught up to him.

"Hey." Buck gave her a forced smile.

"I'd ask if you're okay, but I already know the answer to that, so I won't. But how about we go up to the roof and we can.." Y/N watched Buck when Maddie walked over to them.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay cause you're not answering my calls. Please just give me a chance to.." Maddie looked at Buck.

"29 years. Why is it now suddenly such an emergency?" Buck looked at Maddie in defeat.

"Because you wont talk to me. And you're here, working, and you probably shouldn't be." Maddie watched him concerned.

"No, you don't get to take that away from me too. We were supposed to be a team. Us versus them, that's what we always said. But it turns out it was the three of you against me the whole time. And now...you're not here for me. You're here to make yourself feel better." Buck stared at Maddie as the alarm started ringing.

"Please keep an eye on him and take care of him." Maddie looked at Y/N as Buck got into the engine.

"I've been doing just that for years. I don't need you to remind me." Y/N followed after Buck.

* On Scene *

"Okay, five alarm fire. We're third on the scene. Captain Mehta from the 133 is IC. It's his show. You guys know what to do. Gear up and stand by for a size up." Bobby looked at them all.

"Hand sanitizer factory. 32 workers inside. We've accounted for 20. Sprinkler systems overtaxed, nonfunctional. We're trying to get the water flowing again. You can see where the hot zones are. That could change at any second." Mehta looked at Bobby.