Chapter 8: Apprenticeship Ceremony

The news that the peak master of Moon Perching Peak had brought back a little girl from the mortal world and was preparing to take her as his last apprentice quickly spread through Splendid Cloud Sect.

All of Splendid Cloud Sect were lazy and easy-going. Only when they gossipped did they seem motivated. Five years ago when the major sects held a friendship conference, Splendid Cloud Sect's disciples forgot the time as they were too busy watching the fun. They could not enter the conference's tournament, and got last place among the sects. Consequently, they became entertainment in the eyes of other people.

Even though they had paid such a great price because they liked watching the fun, the disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect still continued on their path of watching the fun. Fortunately, they knew not to say things recklessly after watching. If they gossiped, they would close the door and talk in secret. Otherwise, they would have been beaten to death long ago.

Some speculated this girl was the illegitimate daughter of Peak Master Wang Tong because this girl did not look yet ten, and Peak Master had gone to the mortal world for almost a decade. The timing was perfect. But the disciples who saw Kong Hou on the training ground felt that Wang Tong, with his small eyes and nose, could not produce such an adorable child. No matter how beautiful the little girl's mother was, Peak Master Wang Tong's face would drag down the overall appearance.

This explanation was so well-founded many people expressed they could not argue against it.

Everyone knew that those born in the mortal world eat food without any spirit energy since birth. Even if they had cultivation talent when they were born, those talents would gradually disappear over time. Consequently, the major sects would not bring disciples in from the mortal world. Only some small minor sects would take in outer sect disciples from the mortal world. Very few disciples from the mortal world would enter the inner sect.

"When I first joined the sect, I once heard a rumor." A disciple slowly swung his sword, his eyes moving around as his ears listened keenly to guard against the appearance of the supervisor or peak masters. "Peak Master Wang Tong was brought from the mortal world by a forebear."

"Nonsense, if Peak Master Wang Tong was from the mortal world, how could he become a great Projection power? This speculation is not as trustworthy as saying that the little girl is Peak Master Wang Tong's illegitimate daughter." Everyone felt that this was a joke. The disciple who had spoken was so angry he did not want to talk.

Why did these people not use their brains? If Peak Master Wang Tong was born in Lingyou World, why would sugar painting become his heart ordeal? Why would children of Lingyou World have such strange thoughts?

Of course, not counting that elder who wanted to marry the most beautiful in the world-he was a weirdo in Lingyou World.

No matter how curious the disciples of the sect were, the apprenticeship ceremony was held three days later. Because it was a peak master and his last apprentice, the ceremony was a grand one. Two of the three elders of the sect were present, and the last one was in seclusion and no one dared to disturb them.

The two elders knew that Wang Tong's apprentice came from the mortal world. As cultivators who had lived for over a millennium, their best trait was that they did not meddle. As long as Wang Tong was happy, they had no opinions.

Elder Shu Jiu looked down and arranged the patterns on his clothing after he appeared. He liked camellias with thirty-two flower petals, but the one on his clothing only had thirty-one regardless of how he counted. He felt extremely discomforted.

At his side, Elder Gu Yu sat sternly. His presence was like that of a tiger, and made people in front of him feel weak.

Seeing Shu Jiu moving about, Gu Yu frowned. But looking at the other elders in the hall, he did not speak but used a sound art.