Chapter 150: It Is Night

Kong Hou and the others were once again kept out the door by Old Man Nameless.

Uncle Salted Fish did not want to be embarrassed along with them, so he sat on the carriage driver’s seat and lazily snacked on pine nuts. Seeing Spirit Master Nameless shut the door on Spirit Master Kong Hou and the others, he laughed with schadenfreude.

Just as he thought these famous orthodox sect disciples could not endure such humiliation, he saw Kong Hou press against the door and slap on it. She seemed to be mentally communicating with Spirit Master Nameless.

[Spirit Master, we have found the medicine ingredients. If you are interested, you can come to Splendid Cloud Sect to work with Spirit Master Qing Yuan.]

The door was pulled open from the inside. Spirit Master Nameless did not have a happy expression. “Why is it that I am going to Splendid Cloud Sect, and not Qing Yuan coming to my place here?” If he went to Splendid Cloud Sect and started to fight Qing Yuan, wouldn’t Splendid Cloud Sect help Qing Yuan?

“Spirit Master.” Kong Hou bowed. “I know that Spirit Master has no other intentions, but the evil cultivators are devious in their tactics. If they come ambush this place, it will not be good for you and me.” She always thought the worst of the evil cultivators. It had been hard to find these medicinal ingredients. If they were ruined by evil cultivators during the process, she feared she would have mental demons.

“Our humble sect has lasted for centuries. While we are not as rich as Radiance Sect and Nine Phoenix Sect, we have a sect protective formation and disciples. Even if the evil cultivators come suddenly, they will not be able to easily break through the sect formation.” Kong Hou took out two jade boxes from her storage ring. “Here are some medicinal ingredients and spirit stones. Spirit Master, please accept this.”

Spirit Master Nameless took the jade box and turned to look at Huan Zhong who was behind Kong Hou. He asked, eyes slanted, “You cannot spoil men. If you do everything for him, he will be spoiled.”
Kong Hou giggled seeing Spirit Master Nameless accept the gifts. “No way about it. If I don’t spoil my own man, should I spoil other men?”

The spoiled man, the famous Spirit Master Zhong Xi, smiled warmly at Kong Hou and was at ease with being spoiled.

Seeing the two like this, Nameless turned his head and walked into the house. “Wait here for a while. I will pack.”

As their numbers increased, it was not suitable for Lin Hu to use his flying sword or to use the carriage to travel. Kong Hou took out the most defensive flying artifact from Huan Zhong’s storage ring to avoid any accidents on this trip. In those many storybooks, when orthodox cultivators found important people, there would be all kinds of accidents. She did not want to see any accidents on this matter.

The news they had found the ingredients had been sent to Radiance Sect’s sect master, Splendid Cloud Sect’s sect mater and Qing Yuan Shishu by flying message seals. The two sects were prepared. Radiance Sect had even arranged for some disciples to be disguised as travellers to settle in Harmonious City.

The talisman with the strongest defensive ability was not the fastest among the flying talismans. They spent a few days to return to Harmonious City. Kong Hou knew that Uncle Salted Fish would not return to Splendid Cloud Sect with them, so she gave him the land and house deed that Splendid Cloud Sect had prepared for him.

Uncle Salted Fish came to the courtyard with Kong Hou. He saw the new place was in a good location, clean, and even the blankets were new and smelled of the sun. He smiled and nodded. “I am very satisfied.”

“As long as you are satisfied. Uncle, we are hurrying back to the sect. Please forgive me for my lack of welcome.” Kong Hou was truly grateful to Uncle Salted Fish, so when she had written back to the sect, she had asked Eldest Shixiong Wu Chuan to find a good courtyard, and even the shop was a good one by the street.