Chapter 24: Leaving The Mountain

After observing the new disciple with the shijie, Kong Hou found Wang Tong and spoke about how she wanted to leave the mountain for a while.

“You want to leave the mountain?” Wang Tong was silent for a while and frowned. “Someone in the sect bullied you?”

“Master,” Kong Hou said helplessly, “no one bullied me. My cultivation has stagnated recently. I want to go down the mountain. For these years, I have not known what the outside world is really like. The first time I truly interacted with the outside was the year I was ten, and Master took me back to Lingyou World. That night was so beautiful I thought it was a dream.

“Master, I want to go out and see.” Kong Hou pulled Wang Tong’s sleeve, shaking it. “Please agree.”

“You are a sixteen-year-old girl. Do not pout to your master.” Wang Tong turned his head. “Mention this tomorrow; this master has to consider it.” Finishing, he pulled away his sleeve and strode away.

“Is this agreement or not?” Kong Hou propped her face on her hands and sighed. Turning back, she saw that Wang Tong’s cave residence was empty. She went out and put two branches of plum flowers on the table before returning to her own cave residence.

“Wang Tong, what are you thinking?!” Qing Yuan glared at Wang Tong who was in his cave residence and did not leave. He said impatiently, “I do not welcome you here.”

“You think I want to be here?” Wang Tong rolled his eyes. He picked up the teapot and poured himself a cup of tea. Then he took a sip and said disdainfully, “What taste you have—you’ve been drinking this for centuries and have not changed.”

“If you dislike my taste, you do not have to drink it.” Qing Yuan wanted to kick Wang Tong out. “Just say what you want.”

“Remember seven hundred years ago, when you left the mountain to gain experience, you borrowed one hundred spirit stones from me?” Wang Tong put down his teacup. “So many years have passed—should you not repay me?”

“You still remember events from seven hundred years ago?” Qing Yuan looked with disbelief at Wang Tong. “Why don’t you speak of how you bummed food and drink from me outside the sect in the past?!”

“They are not the same.” Wang Tong brushed his beard. “We have to keep our accounts separate.”

“Take it, take it.” Qing Yuan threw a bag of spirit stones in front of Wang Tong. “Principal and interest, take it!”

Wang Tong wasn’t angry. He picked up the bag of spirit stones. Humming a song he had learned from the mortal world, he slowly walked away. Qing Yuan gritted his teeth in anger behind him, and almost cursed.

If he had known that this bastard was so low, he should not have been so generous in throwing out five hundred spirit stones!

After visiting Daybreak Cloud Peak, Wang Tong went to Noon Sun Peak, Midnight Peak and Setting Sun Peak. He got a sum of spirit stones from each of his shidi and then went to the main peak. Since the shidi had no spirit stones, it was natural to go find his shixiong.

Heng Yan had been reading. Hearing Wu Chuan say that Wang Tong wanted to see him, he felt a headache. If these shidi came to see him without a reason, it would not be anything good. “Let him in.”

“Shixiong.” Wang Tong came in with a bitter expression and bowed deeply to Heng Yan. “I…”

“Speak, how much do you want?” Heng Yan threw the book onto the table and rubbed his temples. “Don’t wail, I have a headache.”