Chapter 132: Nothing Special

The man, who had walked to the prison entrance, stopped. He looked back and gave a warm smile. “As expected of Radiance Sect—even the bloodthirsty blood-drinking yao knows to tell secrets.”

The fox he held in his arms didn’t dare to move. Her fur trembled, either in fear or due to the wind.

“Sir has come to visit Radiance Sect—why hide?” A person walked out of the shadow. It was the sect master of Radiance Sect, Jin Yue.

The man patted the soft fur on the fox’s neck, relaxed as though he was strolling in his own backyard. “The noble Radiance Sect uses a tactic like this in order to meet this seat.”

“The lord of the evil cultivators is like a ghost. We can only use this method to wait for your arrival.” Jin Yue looked at this nomad cultivator called Chi Si, or rather, the lord of the evil cultivators in disguise. He summoned his lifebond sword. “Since Lord has come, then stay a few more days at this humble sect. What does Lord think?”

“This seat is busy and fears that Sect Master Jin cannot keep this seat here.” Chi Si held the fox in one hand, and the other lazily moved his fan. His expression was one of faint disdain.

“Our juniors are right—someone who calls themselves this seat is a bad person, and will not have a good ending.” Light flowed through the air. A red-clothed beauty flew over lazily, the fan in her hand flashing with light. “It has been many years. Lord is still just as handsome, but this face…”

Cultivators who reached Great Vehicle Stage could change their appearance as they wished. Qiu Shuang was still smiling but her gaze grew serious. “It appears that I should congratulate Evil Lord for your success?”
There were no problems with the backgrounds of the cultivators who came to attend the conference, including that of Chi Si who the evil lord had pretended to be. Maybe there wasn’t anyone in the world called “Chi Si,” and this was the evil lord’s identity in the cultivation world from the start.

Even the ordeal this morning that had caused so much discussion had been faked.

“You are smarter than I imagined.” Chi Si stomped lightly. Powerful spirit energy shot outwards, and the disciples in Radiance Sect with weak cultivation vomited blood and fainted before they could even react.

Each peak of Radiance Sect had their defense formations. The disciples who came to attend the conference also had their defense seals. But none of those preparations could withstand a casual blow from the evil lord.

Great Vehicle cultivators were great powers just a step away from ascension. They could destroy the earth, move mountains, empty oceans, and treat people like grass.

Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang were powerful and were not affected by Chi Si’s blow, but they were not pleased. With Chi Si’s present cultivation, he could easily take away a person’s life in the cultivation world if he wanted. Why would he purposefully use so many tactics that made everyone in the cultivation world anxious?

Chi Si sneered and he twirled the fan in his hand. “Do you know what I want to see the most?”

Qiu Shuang and Jin Yue did not speak.

“I want to see you painfully struggling with your hopes of ascending before descending into despair.” He smiled coldly, his expression disdainful. “How can the heavens let people like you ascend?”

As he finished speaking, a flying sword murderously headed towards him. That sword was extremely fierce and carried a presence to topple mountains. Chi Si used the fan he had been playing with to parry this sword. His relaxed expression disappeared.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

The sword hummed. The sword and the fan were at a standstill. Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang were nearby and Chi Si could not allow the two a chance to ambush him. He dodged to the side, and used spirit energy to force back the sword. The atmosphere he had just created was ruined. He was in a terrible mood.