Chapter 51: My Friend

“Study Master?” Lin Hu saw An He standing motionless at the door. He thought the other did not dare to enter as Master’s expression was too cold. He went to the doorway and looked. Master’s expression was calm, and there was nothing wrong with the decor in the hall. Then what was it?

An He forced a smile and stepped into the room. He gave a deep bow to Huan Zhong. “This one’s master was the previous master of Harmonious Wind Study, Spirit Master Wu Mi. My master passed away a few years ago. This one thanks Benefactor on his behalf.”

When he finished, he lifted his robes and knelt down. “An He thanks Benefactor on behalf of Master for saving Master’s life.” When he finished, he kowtowed.

“I and Spirit Master Wu Mi only met by coincidence. Study Master An He has no need to be so polite.” Huan Zhong lifted his hand, and An He who was preparing to kowtow stood up involuntarily. He looked with undisguised shock at Huan Zhong. In front of this person, he, who had Mind Manifestation cultivation, could not control his own body.

Who was this person? Better-looking than him, and stronger as well. When did the cultivation world have such a person, and why had he never heard of this person before? In the entire cultivation world, those of similar age to him but with higher cultivation could be counted on one’s fingers. If not for his outstanding talent, he would not have become a Mind Manifestation cultivator in a short two hundred years, and even taken over the position of study master of Harmonious Wind Study.

Spirit Master Zhong Xi of Radiance Sect was one, Chang De of Clear Dawn Sect was another. The former had not appeared in the cultivation world for a long time. They said that Spirit Master Zhong Xi was obsessed with the sword, his heart as cold as steel, and that he had a terrifying appearance. The people who had seen him before were so frightened they could not speak. Chang De of Clear Dawn Sect was slightly younger than him and had completed Core Formation Stage. He did not know when the other would have a mental breakthrough and become a Mind Manifestation forebear.

Also, Wu Chuan of Splendid Cloud Sect and Ling Yue of Nine Phoenix Sect could be called geniuses. But he had seen the former in the past. That one was a stoic and dull person. If the other had not stated his identity, others would think he was a disciple of Radiance Sect. He had also seen Ling Yue of Nine Phoenix Sect before. That was a woman.

“This one will not be able to forget Benefactor’s grace. For Benefactor, it may have been a minor matter, but for our lowly sect, Benefactor is a saint who rescued the sect.” Even though An He was filled with shock, he did not dare to show it on the surface in fear of causing Benefactor’s dissatisfaction.

“Back then, I saved Spirit Master Wu Mi from the evil cultivators. He paid me back with this small courtyard. We have no debt between us. Study Master An does not need to keep this matter in mind.” Huan Zhong pointed at the seat beside him. “Study Master, please sit. I cannot accept your great greeting.”

The other talked in a calm tone and his presence was the same as an ordinary person’s, but An He felt slightly weak in front of this person. Huan Zhong told him to sit, and he could only sit, not daring to say another world. As a sect master, he had his own temper and eccentricities. But when he appeared in front of others in the role of study master, he had to put all this aside.

“This one is even more impressed by Benefactor’s noble character. If Benefactor has any need in the future, this one will not shirk.” Seeing the other really did not plan for him to repay the debt, An He could only give up.

At this point in the conversation, there was almost nothing for them to say. Huan Zhong did not bluntly tell An He to leave, but his eyes contained such a meaning. An He could not sit still even though he had just sat down. “Yan City has beautiful scenery. Benefactor should experience the scenery here.”