Chapter 78: Wither

“No, no, no…” The disfigured female cultivator covered her face and begged, “Spare me, please.”

The beautiful female cultivator sneered, released the disfigured female cultivator and let her fall into the river. The disfigured female cultivator climbed out of the river. She lay on the river shore and looked at Kong Hou and the others pleadingly.

“You think that other people will save you?” The disdain in the beautiful female cultivator’s voice grew stronger. “This face is disgusting to look at; it is better you die.”

The disfigured female cultivator covered her face and sobbed, occasionally looking in Kong Hou’s direction. She waited for a person to stand up and say that appearance was not important.

Jin Ling felt slightly guilty before the other’s gaze and tried to hide as though her guilt would lessen that way. Her cultivation was not strong, and she had entered the secret realm in order to broaden her knowledge. Who knew that something had happened to the secret realm. She was only able to survive with the help of Ling Bo, Kong Hou, and Huan Zhong. She did not dare to speak and make trouble for Kong Hou and the others.

“This…” The young shidi of Clear Dawn Sect was young and spirited. Seeing this scene, he breathed heavily. If Ling Bo had not held him, he would have charged out long ago. Young men were always slightly impulsive.

“Yo do not understand women.” Facing the young shidi‘s furious gaze, Ling Bo said using a sound spell, “This nomad cultivator who is prettier has Core Formation cultivation. From her tone, I think that her status in the nomad alliance is not low. A woman like this will not appear so pressuring and harsh in front of strangers, especially apprentices of major sects like us.”

No matter if it was men or women, if they had some status, they would subconsciously make themselves look better in front of strangers. This beautiful female cultivator was very strange, constantly challenging other people’s bottom line.

The disfigured female cultivator was even stranger. She clearly had cultivation, but in the hands of the beautiful female cultivator, she appeared like an ordinary and weak woman who allowed the other to do as she pleased. Other than crying, she did not resist at all.

“Many women cannot help but display their best side in front of good-looking men. Just like most men will appear elegant and polite in front of beautiful women.” Kong Hou suddenly spoke. “Even if she is not interested in men, just by how refined she dresses, she is a woman who cares about the impression she makes. A person who cares about impressions would not display such an ugly side in front of outsiders.”

Ling Bo and Kong Hou looked at each other, finding unspoken agreement in each other’s eyes.

The young shidi of Clear Dawn Sect was stunned by the pair’s seemingly logical but also illogical words. When he looked at the two female cultivators again, he could not help but speculate—were they performing for the group, or did they really have a conflict?

“But why are they doing this here?” The shidi of Clear Dawn Sect stammered out a question—”To play with us?”

“They are not members of the nomad alliance.” Huan Zhong’s tone was calm, as though he was saying the weather was good.

“Not a member of the nomad alliance, these two are not sect apprentices, then where… did they come from?” The Clear Dawn Sect disciple felt a cold wave up his back. He could not see anything wrong with these two female cultivators.

“Why do you not help me?” The disfigured female cultivator looked hatefully at Kong Hou. “Because I am ugly, you do not think of me as a person?”