Chapter 37: Nonsense

"Shijie!" The shidi and shimei all knew that the two of them going to fight right now was akin to facing death. The youngest disciples could not control their emotion and started to cry. Terror, frustration, sorrow, all kinds of emotions surrounded them and made them panic.

"Shixiong and Shijie are right. We will leave immediately." The oldest female cultivator of the remaining disciples wiped away her tears. "Little Shidi, go into the town and see if any strong cultivators are willing to help us. If not... if not, notify the mayor for him to be on guard and try to protect the people." The female cultivator jumped onto her sword, her eyes gradually becoming determined. "Everyone else, come with me. Remember to be obvious. At least... at least, have those evil cultivators know where we went."

When Shixiong and Shijie could not delay any longer, the evil cultivators would chase them, and the people in this city would be spared. She feared death. But if they affected so many people in the city, she would not be able to live with it. At least, if she tried her best, she would die with no guilt.

Hearing the timid shidi and shimei follow her, crying but not running away on their own, the female cultivator said, "If we can survive this..." She watched as Shixiong was stabbed in the chest by the evil cultivator and choked out, "I will give my precious stones to you."

"Go!"

In the inn, Kong Hou washed up, put on clean clothes and went downstairs. Huan Zhong and Lin Hu were waiting for her by the table, the dishes on the table still steaming. She quickly walked next to Huan Zhong to sit down and gave Huan Zhong a smile.

Huan Zhong smelled a fresh fragrance on Kong Hou after her bath. He looked sideways and saw ruby earrings swaying at her neck. Blinking his eyes, he hurriedly moved his gaze away.

"These are wild-grown vegetables we collected from the mountain; they taste better than ordinary ones. Guests, please enjoy your meal." The greeter came over with more dishes. Kong Hou had not come out of her room for several days. On finally seeing her again, he couldn't help but peek at her. But when he remembered that this miss may be the noble gentleman's partner, he did not dare to look more and left with a bow.

"The greeter is exceptionally friendly today." The day they came, the greeter had been enthusiastic because he wanted to keep them as guests. Today's enthusiasm was unlike that day-it had more sincerity.

"Really?" He could not detect different kinds of enthusiasm. He used his chopsticks to pick up some of the wild vegetables and took a bite. While they did not have spirit energy like vegetables from spirit earth gardens, they were tender and fresh.

Kong Hou had not eaten for many days, and her appetite was much better than usual. She quickly and elegantly ate two bowls of rice. When she was preparing to add a third bowl, she heard a crying male voice shouting for help.

She put down her chopsticks and prepared to go see. Huan Zhong held her wrist. "Sit; have Lin Hu go look."

As he spoke, Lin Hu had already flashed to the door. The other guests in the hall also heard the shouts of "help." Without even thinking, they put down their chopsticks and fled back into their rooms. Only Huan Zhong, Kong Hou and the innkeeper hiding behind the counter remained.

"The cultivation world has had this occur before. Someone called for help during the night, and a good-hearted person went out but was killed." Huan Zhong released Kong Hou's wrist. "Some evil cultivators use the kindness of good cultivators to scheme against them. You are young-you do not know how evil people's minds are."

Kong Hou was shocked. So evil cultivators had so many ways of being bad?

"Some evil cultivators disguise themselves as children. They pretend to fall into water or cry for help. When cultivators come close, they will use the opportunity to destroy the cultivator's spirit platform and absorb the other's spirit power." Huan Zhong saw Kong Hou's shocked expression and told her some of the cases that had occurred in the cultivation world. "In any case, you have to be wary of others, understand?"