Chapter 23: New Disciples

Cheng Yi had been standing by the entrance to the Immortality Questing Path. Hearing the music sound, he abruptly turned in the direction of Moon Perching Peak. The other disciples with him saw Cheng Yi’s great reaction and were puzzled. “Cheng Yi Shixiong, what happened?”

“Stay here. I will be back soon.” Cheng Yi darted in the direction of Moon Perching Peak.

The other disciples were confused. “What could make Cheng Yi Shixiong rush off in a hurry?”

“Maybe Kong Hou Shimei has ended her seclusion?” a disciple said. “Two years ago, Kong Hou Shimei entered seclusion and hasn’t come out since she received her lifebond talisman. I wonder how she is.”

As the two spoke, a youth in disheveled clothing appeared on the Immortality Questing Path. His hair was in disarray as he climbed up, his fingers covered in mud and bruises. His face was blue from the cold, but his eyes were frighteningly bright.

After stepping onto the last step, he showed a smile and dropped to the snow-covered ground.

He had climbed up; he had finally climbed up.

Moon Perching Peak.

Kong Hou walked out of her cave residence. Seeing the snowflakes flying outside, she sighed. “Another winter?”

“Shimei, you are out?” Cheng Yi flew over. Seeing Kong Hou’s relaxed expression, he asked with a smile, “Everything went smoothly?”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded and pointed towards the distant Immortality Questing Path. “There are many people over there—is something major occurring in the sect?”

“The sect will admit disciples every decade. Those are ordinary people wanting to join Splendid Cloud Sect.” Cheng Yi saw Kong Hou seemed curious about this matter. “Do you want to go watch?”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. She gathered her energy and jumped, flying in the direction of Immortality Questing Path.

At the entrance of Immortality Questing Path, there were some ordinary people with tired expressions and no cultivation at all standing with Splendid Cloud Sect’s disciples. Regardless of how grand or worn their clothing was, none of them dared to talk loudly. They tried to put on their best in front of Splendid Cloud Sect.

“A celestial is flying over,” A youth in his teens looked into the sky and gasped in a small voice.

Everyone else looked up. A young woman dressed in a jade-colored dress flew amidst the snow, her hair flying in the wind. The ordinary mortals who rarely interacted with cultivators became dumbstruck.

The youth in worn clothing looked up and copied everyone else in showing admiration. He adjusted his worn clothing, pushed away the hair on his forehead, and completely exposed his handsome face.

However, the young woman did not go near them. She looked at them with a smile from midair and gave them the bow of a peer from a distance. Then she took out a flying sword from her sleeve, stepped onto it and flew away.

“That female celestial just now is so beautiful.” A slightly heavy youth dressed in brocade robes said a long time later.

“That is an apprentice of our sect. If you are good, maybe you will have a chance to call her shijie or *shishu.” The disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect laughed and said, “Two more hours. In two hours, Immortality Questing Path will be closed and the next test will begin”

“Apprentice…” the youth with disheveled clothing murmured and balled his fists.

“Why didn’t you go down to watch?” Cheng Yi asked Kong Hou. “You aren’t curious?”