Chapter 154: Ridiculous

The evil cultivators had hidden for nearly a thousand years. In the last few years, they could only watch as the fake gentlemen of the orthodox sects lived well and even the lowly mortal people who had no cultivation talent started to dress in satin and brocade as they lived prosperous lives. But they, the evil cultivators who had once been famed, became worms and flies in the ditches. They had to hide their names and live dejected lives.

What did the lowly mortal people count as? They reproduced a lot and could live if they had something to eat. If a bunch was cut down, another bunch would crop up. The evil cultivators could not understand why these orthodox sects would spend so much energy taking care of these ordinary people.

Even more laughable was many orthodox cultivators even lived together with the ordinary people. They dishonored other cultivators!

Didn’t one cultivate for so many years to reach a high status and experience the pleasure of stepping on everyone?

The evil cultivators disliked the conduct of the orthodox sects. Seeing the orthodox sects gain the lead in the cultivation world, they became angry and panicked. There were so many orthodox sects. Most of the spirit veins and cultivation resources were taken away by the orthodox sects. The evil cultivators were lonely and weak. What good things could they obtain?

In the last few centuries, the orthodox sects produced stunningly talented disciples every once in a while. Especially that Zhong Xi of Radiance Sect—he was a killing machine. Evil cultivators would not have good days with him around.

They finally managed to wait for the lord to wake up, and with a Great Vehicle Stage cultivation that no one in the cultivation world had. They were naturally very happy at having hope of overthrowing those orthodox sects at last.

On the morning of the eighth, before the sky grew bright, the evil cultivators flooded into Harmonious City from all directions under the leadership of their sages. They prepared to commit a massacre in the city.
But before they even entered the city, they found something was wrong. Why weren’t they any closer to the city gates after running for so long?

A half hour ago, they ran past a certain tree. Why did they see it again now?

No, no, wasn’t Harmonious City in an inland area? Why was there a giant ocean suddenly appearing in front of them, and there were flames several meters tall around the ocean?

The evil cultivators who reached the eastern entrance didn’t dare to walk forward. The sage leading them smirked. “These fake gentlemen only dare to use such cowardly tactics. Do not fear, follow me. These are all illusions.”

He waved his talisman. The illusions in the surroundings immediately faded away. There was no ocean or flames, just a city gate without even a guard.

“These orthodox sect disciples are all cowards. Before we even attack, they have already hidden.” The sage was even more smug. “They speak of protecting the people, but they run faster than anyone else when they encounter danger.”

A blue-robed cultivator who was a half-step ahead of him looked silently at the empty eastern gate. Seeing the arrogant sage about to lead his subordinates in a charge, his gaze changed slightly and he imperceptibly took a few steps back.

“Sage Mu Xi.” The sage who had been very arrogant suddenly turned to stare at him. “Where are you going?”

Sage Mu Xi looked at him coldly and disappeared in a stream of light.

“Hmph, who does he think he is?” The sage leader was slightly unhappy at being ignored by Sage Mu Xi in front of so many subordinates. He spat on the ground. “If he didn’t make such a huge fuss by saying that using the anger of the mortal realm people could affect the minds of orthodox cultivators, and then got discovered by Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect’s disciples, the orthodox sects wouldn’t have been so wary of us.”