Chapter 110: Dragon and Phoenix ,Yin and Yang

Being in seclusion in the cave residence was a boring matter that tested a person. They were separated from the world and had to clear away distracting thoughts to comprehend their mind. Yet many things had downsides as well as advantages. The quiet could let people calm themselves, but could also cause them to recall many things that they were not willing to think of, and create mental demons.
It was because of this that those who cultivated cared about the mind. If people did not have a correct mind, how could they pursue immortality?

With the dragon phoenix cauldron present, Kong Hou and Huan Zhong performing universal paired cultivation made for rapid progress. Some times, when Kong Hou didn’t want to meditate, Huan Zhong would teach her to make seals. Forging and seal-making were almost complementary to each other. Cultivators who couldn’t make seals could not become masters of forging.

Kong Hou was focused, and the seals she created were exceptionally good. She advanced quickly. She could master a new seal almost every day, and put them perfectly on talismans.

“Aren’t I great?” Kong Hou smiled with slight smugness. “I know, other than divination, I can do anything.”

“Yes.” Huan Zhong spread paper on the table. “Then come here and write down the mind scripture.”

Kong Hou: “…”

“How about not?”

Huan Zhong looked at her, smiling but silent.
Kong Hou embarrassedly walked to the table and sat down. She lit up an illuminating talisman. Before, when she had been in seclusion alone, she would meditate if she wasn’t sleeping, not like now where she had to write mental scriptures, play weiqi and learn to make seals. She dipped the brush in the ink, and turned to look at Huan Zhong. “Huan Zhong, you are stricter than my master.”

Sitting next to her, Huan Zhong straightened her paper. “I am not your master.”

Kong Hou’s writing was not especially beautiful. Before coming to Lingyou World, she wasn’t yet ten. She recognized many characters but her strength was average. After coming to Lingyou World, she spent most of her time on cultivation, and not much effort on writing.

Usually, her writing was acceptable, but when placed together with Huan Zhong’s, they demonstrated the difference between heaven and earth.

After copying for a while, Kong Hou threw her brush away, not even three tenths of the way done, and looked pleadingly at Huan Zhong. “Huan Zhong…”

Huan Zhong slowly opened his eyes and said sternly, “Writing is like cultivation—if you do not advance, you retreat.”

“All right…” Kong Hou turned and went back to writing. Fifteen minutes later, a plate of spirit fruits was placed in front of her. She looked to the side. Huan Zhong stood beside her, still with a stern expression. “If you are tired, eat a spirit fruit before writing.”

Each spoiled child’s parent would always say to be sterner to the child, but then turn and spoil them endlessly.

“Huan Zhong, thank you—you are wonderful.” Kong Hou put down her brush and started to eat a spirit fruit. While she kept on trying to slack off in front of Huan Zhong, with him present, Kong Hou advanced rapidly in these several months and reached Mind Activation Stage level eight.

If other cultivators of similar age knew of such terrifying growth, their eyes would be green with jealousy. But Huan Zhong and Kong Hou were both geniuses and had no knowledge of a “normal person.” So they didn’t feel this was unusual.

“When spirit energy enters the body, try to have the spirit energy flow slower through each meridian point. This way, you can feel the power even better.” After finishing the spirit fruit, Huan Zhong saw Kong Hou really didn’t want to write and started to talk about cultivation with Kong Hou. He and Kong Hou both had pentad spirit bases, so he could teach Kong Hou many things even Wang Tong didn’t know.