Chapter 28: Hobbies

Kong Hou did not go back to sleep after returning to her room. She opened her window. Looking at he Mound City guards who surrounded the tower, she leaned against the window with one hand supporting her cheek and the other trying to catch the floating snowflakes.

A wagon slowly came from the east of the street and then stopped at the doorway of the inn.

A man dressed in brocade and with a snowy-white fox fur cloak came out of the wagon and met her eyes.

Huan Zhong took down the hood of his cloak. He smiled at Kong Hou. In this moment, plum flowers blooming or the sun rising in winter were not as beautiful as this. Kong Hou couldn’t help but smile at the other and wave.

“Master, someone died here; no one can live here.”

The black-robed middle-aged man returned to Huan Zhong’s side. “Master, why don’t we go to another inn?”

Huan Zhong looked at the young woman. “Miss, are you not going to switch to another inn?”

The black-robed man looked upwards and saw a girl leaning by the window, smiling as she met his master’s eyes. He looked at the young girl, and then at Huan Zhong with a slightly strange expression. When had Master gotten this habit of talking with people at such unequal heights during the winter?

“The news that someone died at an inn has most likely spread. Tonight, the other inns most likely will not accept any guests.” Kong Hou flew out of the window, and jumped in front of Huan Zhong. “The room beside mine is still empty. If Master Huan Zhong does not object to the bad energy of the inn, you can temporarily stay for a night and leave tomorrow morning.”

With someone with at least Core Formation cultivation being the carriage driver, this beautiful man called Huan Zhong definitely did not come from an ordinary family. A person like this most likely would not fear a corpse at the inn.

“Life and death are natural cycles. To me, there is no bad energy to speak of.” Huan Zhong smiled. “Thank you, Miss, for telling me. I will disturb you tonight.”

The guards by the door of the inn felt that something was wrong with Huan Zhong’s head. He knew that someone had died here, and still wanted to live here. While those that cultivated the path did not object to minor things, this one was taking so little care. Mound City had so many inns. Even if they were not willing to accept guests tonight, if these people spent some more money, there was nothing they could not accomplish. This handsome young master was dressed grandly and did not look poor. Why did he neglect himself so?

“Master Huan Zhong, your guard must have high cultivation?” Kong Hou smiled embarrassedly at Huan Zhong. “Could I ask you to do me a favor soon?”

The second rule of travelling outside was to beg people when needing their help, to have a thick face and an open mind.

“Hmm?” Huan Zhong looked at the black-robed man behind him. “His name is Lin Hu. If Miss needs anything, please speak.”

“Mister Lin Hu.” Kong Hou bowed to the black-robed man. “The people at the inn right now are alarmed. If a conflict occurs later, Mister, please help in calming them. My cultivation is low. If something occurs, I’m afraid I cannot stop them.”

The black-robed man looked at Huan Zhong.

Huan Zhong said, “Just a minor matter. When Miss needs, just inform me.”

Kong Hou sighed in relief and thanked Huan Zhong again. Right now, the people at the inn gave Splendid Cloud Sect and Clear Dawn Sect some face. They could endure for a while in the inn. But tomorrow morning, she could not predict how the situation would change.