Chapter 55: Flying Palace

“Celestial Kong Hou, I will not conceal from you: we have encountered trouble this time.” Ge Jin decided to speak the truth after having had a long discussion with her shidi and shimei. If this was other people, they could still conceal some things. But Kong Hou was different. She was an apprentice of Splendid Cloud Sect. If she discovered them concealing some things, it would affect how Splendid Cloud Sect looked at Auspicious Pavilion.

Back then, when Auspicious Pavilion was dying out, people said that they had been abandoned by the universal path, and that they could not divine a thing. No one asked them for readings. Even some of their sect’s talented disciples joined other sects. At their poorest time, they did not even have the money to repair their sect.

Just as the previous pavilion master thought that Auspicious Pavilion would die in his hand, Sect Master Heng Yan of Splendid Cloud Sect came to ask them if they were willing to join Splendid Cloud Sect. For Auspicious Pavilion who had no other avenues, this was a blessing from the heavens, something they did not dare to even dream about.

That night, the previous pavilion master bathed and burned incense, then made a reading for Auspicious Pavilion in front of the memorial tablets of the previous pavilion masters.

Very auspicious.

After joining Splendid Cloud Sect, Auspicious Pavilion received spirit stones, talismans, and all kinds of cultivation information from Splendid Cloud Sect. For cultivators, the most valuable things were not spirit stones or talismans, but cultivation information.

During the beginning stages of cultivation, every cultivator learned about the same things. However, as one progressed, the help from the sect became more and more crucial. Even nomad cultivators had a normal cultivator alliance for mutual exchange and assistance, so it could be imagined how much help sects gave their disciples.

Due to this fact, many sects wanted to join one of the ten major sects. However, the ten major sects would not accept just any subordinate sect. They had different requirements, and it was difficult to get a consensus answer. Auspicious Pavilion had joined Splendid Cloud Sect for many years. Splendid Cloud Sect did not interfere in their internal matters, but when major events occurred, they would give aid.

At present, the disciples of Auspicious Pavilion used the same secret cultivation manuals as Splendid Cloud Sect’s disciples. They could also buy many seals and talismans at cost from the main sect that many cultivators could not buy even if they had the spirit stones. They frequently joked in private that the past generations of pavilion masters must have cursed Sect Master Heng Yan from the dead so that he made the unbelievable decision to accept Auspicious Pavilion as a subordinate sect.

Hearing Ge Jin finish explaining the reading, Kong Hou said, “Is the reading directed at you or all of Auspicious Pavilion?”

“It should be just for us.” Ge Jin saw Kong Hou did not doubt her words and was concerned with Auspicious Pavilion’s safety. She felt both moved and guilty. They had entered cultivation for almost a hundred years but wanted a girl of just sixteen to help them. They had cultivated in vain during these years.

“Recently, the evil cultivators have been active. You should be careful.” Kong Hou saw their panicked expressions. “Tomorrow, travel with me. While my cultivation is low, fortunately, I have the company of Elder Lin and my good friend Huan Zhong; this is lucky for both you and me.”

“Path Friend Xiao Dong who is with Elder Lin seems to be a disciple of Radiance Sect?” Ge Jin said. “I heard him call Master Huan Zhong as Shishu. Is he…”

“You are correct.” Kong Hou nodded and said, “Huan Zhong is also an apprentice of Radiance Sect. However, he is not returning to the sect but is travelling with me.”