Chapter 29: Culprit

This proud Celestial Ling Bo was so easy-going? Kong Hou raised an eyebrow in shock. She reached out and picked up the last soup bun to put into her bowl before lowering her head to eat. She was full, but when she saw the remaining bun in the basket, she could not endure the feeling of guilt, so she could only send it into her stomach to reunite with its other siblings.

Huan Zhong watched silently as Kong Hou ate the entire basket of little buns. He felt a sense of fulfillment, as though he had eaten all those things himself.

Seeing Huan Zhong look at her with a smile, Kong Hou touched her face. “What is it?”

Huan Zhong saw his own smile in the other’s eyes. He put away his smile. “Where is Miss going? If you do not object, you can travel with us.”

“This…” Kong Hou hesitated slightly. She was travelling alone for the first time, and her goal was to interact with different people and learn about the world. If she travelled with Huan Zhong, was this still a journey by herself?

“This one frequently stays home and rarely leaves, so this one does not understand much about the world. This one says this one is going for medicine, but it is more to relax the mind.” Huan Zhong’s expression was sincere. “If this one has made it difficult for Miss, please pretend that this one never mentioned it.”

“No trouble, no trouble.” Hearing that the other rarely left home, a scene of a sickly young master alone in his room, unable to feel the wind or the sun, having to eat medicine like food, and never being in contact with the spectacular world formed in Kong Hou’s mind.

So miserable, so pitiful.

“I’m travelling to gain experience, and have nothing to do. If Master does not mind, I will disturb you.” Kong Hou did not know what illness Huan Zhong had, but looking at the other’s pale expression, she knew that the illness was severe. Maybe one day, he would…

Rubbing her face, she removed the inauspicious thoughts from her mind. Kong Hou immediately agreed. Actually, this Huan Zhong was good-looking, did not posture, and most importantly, he also liked Talented Author. On the journey, she could discuss the plot and characters in Talented Author’s storybooks with him. As she thought this, she felt anticipation about the upcoming journey.

“You can call me Kong Hou in the future; no need to be so polite.” Kong Hou put her hand to her mouth and muttered in a small voice, “I just don’t know when we will be able to leave. This Ling Bo of Clear Dawn Sect does not seem to have a good temper. Before the culprit is found, she definitely will not let us leave.”

“According to the cultivation world’s practices, the local mayor or cultivation sect is responsible for incidents that occur in their territory. Clear Dawn Sect is the victim, but they should follow the practices of the cultivation world.” The stoic Lin Hu frowned and said, “If the people present can prove their innocence, not even the mayor of Mound City can forcibly keep them. This Clear Dawn Sect Ling Bo has broken the rules.”

“Mister, speak quieter.” Kong Hou covered her face and gave a look to Ling Bo. “Right now, she is in the midst of her anger. Do not argue with her.” She also felt that Ling Bo had gone overboard. When she came down the stairs, she saw someone had been injured. So she risked offending people and helped the path friend on the ground up, and also gave him an Energy Pill. But no matter what, the relationship between Clear Dawn Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect was good. She did not want to fight with Celestial Ling Bo just a few days after leaving the sect. How embarrassing would it be if this spread back to the sect?

Lin Hu turned and looked at Huan Zhong. Seeing the other’s calm expression and lack of response, he said, “Miss Kong Hou, do not worry. When travelling outside, everyone has to abide by the practices. Clear Dawn Sect is in the wrong here; we do not have to worry about offending her.”