Chapter 99: So Special

Lin Hu turned back to look at his master and saw his master had changed his position. He was sitting next to the window, leisurely reading a book, the creases in his robes gone. He took a step back. “Miss Kong Hou, please enter.”

Kong Hou strolled into the room and saw Huan Zhong reading. She whispered, “Am I disturbing you from your reading?” But she could never tire of Huan Zhong reading by the window.

“No.” Huan Zhong elegantly put the book down. “Come here and sit.”

Kong Hou walked to sit next to him and secretly examined Huan Zhong. Seeing him look at her with a smile yet not a smile, she coughed. “I came to find you for paired cultivation.”

“All right.” Huan Zhong looked up at Lin Hu. Lin Hu perceptively left and closed the door for them.

Seeing Lin Hu leave, Kong Hou whispered, “Huan Zhong, are there any among you sword cultivators who have significant others?”

“Two centuries ago, an elder of our sect married a medicine cultivator.” Huan Zhong earnestly thought back and finally found a cultivator willing to join with another. “The two have a good relationship and never fight.”

One was obsessed with medicine, and the other with the sword. Even if they wanted to fight, it would be difficult.

Of all the sword cultivators in Radiance Sect, only one had a significant other…

Kong Hou’s brow furrowed. “Oh.”

“What is it?” Huan Zhong looked at Kong Hou.

Kong Hou shook her head silently. “Nothing.”

When she lifted her head again, her smile was as bright as usual. “Let us do paired cultivation.”

“All right.”

Huan Zhong sat down cross-legged, looked at Kong Hou next to him, showed a warm smile and closed his eyes.

##

Cultivation was to comprehend the word and one’s inner self. People with complementary auras would benefit from cultivating together. Kong Hou’s living environment was simple and she did not interact much with outsiders. This clean and innocent personality meant she could feel the world’s elements more easily.

After a night, Kong Hou felt that her spirit platform was no longer as dried up as though it were a thin layer at the bottom of a bottle about to crack out of dryness. While not much improved, it was better than nothing.

Huan Zhong woke up earlier than her and had dressed in white robes but which had different silvery patterns. Seeing her wake, Huan Zhong handed a bottle of spirit fluid to her. “I will call Lin Hu to prepare the carriage.”

Taking the body temperature jade bottle, Kong Hou washed herself and drank the spirit fluid. When she came out of the door holding the bottle, she coincidentally encountered the four cultivators from Nine Phoenix Sect.

“Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect have recently been in contact and grown closer. I don’t know how these two sects suddenly became as close as a family…”

The youngest shidi was muttering in a small voice. When he raised his head and saw a beautiful female cultivator looking at him with large eyes, he flushed slightly. As a male cultivator, he was embarrassed at talking about a sect behind their backs and being heard by a young female cultivator.

Seeing the beautiful female cultivator nod slightly at him, the youngest shidi hurriedly returned a bow, his face growing redder.

Ling Yue looked at the brightly smiling female cultivator. Wasn’t she the one who had been mistaken as a disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect?