Chapter 138: Return to the Sect

“You are so confident?” Kong Hou saw the roiling spirit energy had stopped and loosened her arms. But Huan Zhong pulled her back in the next moment and held her tightly in his embrace.

“I will be very good to you, better than any other man in the world.” Huan Zhong hugged the person in his arms. His voice was gentle and soft.

“You men just like saying pleasing things.” Kong Hou looked up at Huan Zhong but she could only see his chin. “What happened just now?”

Huan Zhong looked at her wounds with a dim gaze. “Do not move; I will put salve on you.”

His movements were soft and his fingers were trembling as though he was suppressing all kinds of emotions. Kong Hou gripped his wrist, sighed and said, “Huan Zhong, look at me.”

Huan Zhong looked up, his eyes filled with guilt and sadness. This caused Kong Hou to think of the golden hair dogs that Splendid Cloud Sect raised. They looked brave and grand, but when they made mistakes, they looked at people pitifully with their black eyes.

“They are all just surface wounds; it’s fine.” She, the wounded, had to comfort the culprit. But this was her man. What could she do?

“This is my fault.” Huan Zhong’s voice was hoarse and dark like black clouds that hid a surging storm. “This won’t happen in the future.”
“Huan Zhong…” Kong Hou observed Huan Zhong’s expression. She touched him and sent spirit energy into his body to see if something had happened to his spirit platform. She sighed in relief. “You made such a ruckus. Sect Leader Jin must be very worried. Let’s go out soon.”

The hand putting on salve stilled. Huan Zhong looked at the closed cave door. Here, there was only the two of them—the world that belonged to them, calm and undisturbed.

“All right.” Huan Zhong took out a new dress out of his storage ring to hand to Kong Hou. “Your clothing is damaged. Change.”

“Why do you have so many things suitable for girls in your storage ring?” Kong Hou used a spell to change clothing. The measurements were perfect. Huan Zhong must have had this custom-made for her.

“A few days ago when you were living with your other sect disciples, I had nothing to do during the night, so I made a few magic robes for you.” Huan Zhong saw that the dress fit Kong Hou perfectly and he gave a smile. “Do you like it?”

“Very good-looking.” Kong Hou took out a jade comb to put in Huan Zhong’s hand. “Your uncontrolled spirit energy messed up my hair. Now I punish you to help me fix it.”

The almost omnipotent Spirit Master Zhong Xi failed for the first time in his life on a woman’s hair.

Kong Hou’s hair was as smooth as silk. Just when he would manage to catch the hair on her left, some locks would slip away on the right. When he tried to coil the hair, his hands were twisted. He didn’t know which way to turn. After a while, he started to sweat.

Kong Hou did not rush him. She sat lazily on the soft couch, holding a mirror in her hand to see how Huan Zhong was doing.

After an hour, Kong Hou felt that her hair was messier than before.

“It seems that I have to look at the mirror when I do this. You are not able.” Kong Hou couldn’t help but laugh. She took the jade comb from Huan Zhong’s hand and skilfully coiled her hair into a knot.

“I will practice in the future.” Huan Zhong looked at Kong Hou’s side profile with hurt. He seemed very dispirited.

“I believe you.” Kong Hou took off his coronet and helped him gather his scattered hair. She adjusted his white robes. “Let’s go.”