Chapter 76: Threat

Ling Bo waited in front of Kong Hou’s room for a few moments and found no movement within Kong Hou’s room. Her expression changed slightly and she knocked again at the door. “Kong Hou, are you awake? If you hear me, respond.”

She listened with concentration. There did not seem to be any signs of life inside. Ling Bo’s heart jumped. Was it possible…

“Celestial Ling Bo?” The neighbouring door opened and Kong Hou appeared. “I’m here.”

Ling Bo stopped knocking on the door and turned to look at the other room. Was that not Spirit Master Huan Zhong’s room? In this moment, many thoughts flashed through her head. However, when she saw Lin Hu appear behind Kong Hou, all of those thoughts died in their infancy.

“The box in your room also opened?” Kong Hou beckoned for Ling Bo into enter. “Have spirit stones and other items appeared in Jin Ling’s room as well?”

Ling Bo looked at the empty box in the corner, and bowed to Huan Zhong. Huan Zhong returned half a bow. Ling Bo was a woman who liked beauty. She did not just like to be beautiful herself, she also liked handsome men, but this kind of affection was completely ineffective on Huan Zhong.

They were both sword cultivators. When Ling Bo learned that the seemingly mortal Huan Zhong had great cultivation, she felt an indescribable fear of him. The cultivators who primarily cultivated the sword usually exuded their sword energy so people could see at a glance how different they were to ordinary cultivators. Sword cultivators who could return to normal and have their sword in their mind without a sword in their hand were the strongest among the sword cultivators.

She had never heard the name of Spirit Master Huan Zhong of Radiance Sect, but sometimes, a reputation was not important. The cultivators who were actually strong, even if they were unknown in the cultivation world, would cause fear and reverence in people who saw them. No one would dare to offend them.

And she could not do this.

Even though she did not like to admit it, Ling Bo understood that the respect many people in the cultivation world held towards her did not come from her, but because they feared Clear Dawn Sect.

Because she knew this too well, Ling Bo felt a kind of unclear and indescribable jealousy towards Huan Zhong.

She felt that she was a very impartial female cultivator because she did not just get jealous of female cultivators—she was also jealous of male ones, even good-looking ones.

Jealousy could make people mad, but the desire to live would make people intelligent. In front of Huan Zhong, Ling Bo completely displayed what it meant to fear the strong and bully the weak.

Nodding slightly towards Ling Bo, Huan Zhong put his gaze back on Kong Hou. “This secret realm may have formed its own intelligence. Even though there are no formations or fragrances inside the room to make people have hallucinations, it can still have us enter a dream realm.”

“In other words, as long as we are in the secret realm, the secret realm can detect our movements at any moment?” Kong Hou scratched the table.

“What are you doing?” Ling Bo was puzzled.

“Tickling it,” Kong Hou joked. “Maybe if the secret realm gets tickled, the rain outside will stop.”

Ling Bo: “…”

Why did Lingyou World rank her on the same level as this young brat? This was an insult to her.

Kong Hou scratched again. Suddenly, she heard a roar of thunder, and the drizzle outside became an outpouring of rain. The windows swayed in the wind, and the sound of them hitting the walls was like people being slapped in the face.