Chapter 133: You, As Expected

The enormous star disk covered the entire courtyard. The star light that came down carried strange power that separated the people in the courtyard from everyone else.

“This is the inherited talisman of Moon Star Sect, the Heaven Inquiring Star Disk.” Huan Zhong detected that Hong Yan was not quite right. Ignoring what Spirit Master Qiu Shuang would think of him, he reached out to hold Kong Hou’s hand. “When Heaven Inquiring appears, the world changes.”

From daring to using the name “Heaven Inquiring,” its extraordinary nature could be seen.

“Hong Yan.” Yuan Chen saw Hong Yan activate the Heaven Inquiring Star Disk and the sorrow and benevolence on his face turned to shock. “Don’t!”

Hong Yan ignored him. She cut her palm. The blood merged with the enormous star disk in the sky. The beautiful star disk changed to a blood red color. This was no longer a starry sky, but a sea of blood.

Kong Hou frowned. She felt anxious at the sudden change of the star disk.

“What is Spirit Master Hong Yan… doing?” When she spoke, Kong Hou found she had a difficult time talking. Her body seemed to be restrained by something. She struggled to move. She managed to turn to look at Grand Shishu and Huan Zhong. Their expressions were normal, as though they were not affected by the star disk.

“She used heart’s blood to activate this star disk with the paths of heavens to restrain the evil cultivator lord here.” Huan Zhong looked down at her. “Don’t be afraid. I will let you walk out of here safely.”
Kong Hou shook her head. “I am not afraid.”

She finally understood why Spirit Master Hong Yan would have such a gaze. She saw through everything in the world. She did not fear death or hardship. She didn’t need any feelings.

“Didn’t you love me to the point of killing my shimei—how about going to die together with me?” Hong Yan laughed out loud. Her red robes flew in the wind and her smile looked mad.

“You are insane!” Jiu Su, who had taken on the name Chi Si, quickly grew dark in expression. He wanted to get closer to Hong Yan, but the star disk seemed to be intelligent and a red mist stopped his steps. He looked down at his feet. This was not a mist, but countless intangible hands that grabbed onto his feet.

“She has cultivated a forbidden art.” Looking at the small courtyard shrouded in red mist, Huan Zhong did not put away the Dragon Roar sword. He was in a highly wary state. “To cultivate such a forbidden art, one has to throw away their emotions, and nurture the star disk with their blood daily to use the star disk.”

Kong Hou frowned. This kind of spell did not seem like a tactic of an orthodox sect. Why would Hong Yan, the sect master of Moon Star Sect, cultivate such a spell?

“I met you when I was eighteen, at the most innocent and ignorant age.” Her black hair turned white. Hong Yan carelessly touched her white hair. When she spoke of the past, she had no emotions. “My shimei died an unclear death. So I chose to return to the sect and became the next sect master of Moon Star Sect. Maybe if you hadn’t killed them, I would have left with you.”

Jiu Su looked at the white-haired woman. Hearing her say “I would have left with you,” his expression changed slightly.

“I didn’t leave with you in the past—how about you leave with me today?” Hong Yan’s smile grew madder. She turned to look at Kong Hou next to her. This young girl was very like her former self. She spun around and around for love, but in the end, she went to live in the desolate and cold Moon Domain Palace. What she assumed was her rescue chose to rescue the people of the world, and abandoned her only.