Chapter 155: Tiger Serpent Beast

“If the people of the world live in battle and unsafe days all the time, so what if everyone ascends?” Huan Zhong stood in front of the group. Jiu Su’s wildness did not steal away his elegance. “The mortals live for a short few decades, and the longest only a century. We are lucky to step onto the path of cultivation. We live two centuries in Energy Refinement Stage, five centuries in Base Building, nearly eight centuries in Core Formation. If we succeed in Mind Manifestation, we have a millennium of longevity. Compared to ordinary people, we are so much more fortunate. There is nothing to fear.”

“If the path to immortality is built from corpses, bones and blood, so what if we do not walk this path?” Kong Hou stood beside Huan Zhong. She looked at the sect masters, elders and disciples behind her. She knew some of the people here, and didn’t know others. Her sect master shibo would always sneak her some talismans. Wu Chuan Shixiong didn’t like to talk but would silently care for his fellow disciples. Everyone in the sect knew her master didn’t have many spirit stones, but when she left to travel, Master would always do his best to save some spirit stones for her. Because in his mind, she was a young girl that liked to be beautiful and eat well. So he had to do his best to satisfy her.

Sect Master Jin Yue was stern and managed Radiance Sect well. He spent great effort for the entire cultivation world. The sect masters of Nine Phoenix Sect and Clear Dawn Sect were powerful cultivators but never became imperious. When they saw hard-working disciples, they would speak words of encouragement.

The young sect eldest disciples present here all abided by sect rules and were honest people. Even if they had their personalities and were not perfect, they were all worthy of praise. All of them were real and vivid people. Ascending was full of temptation, but she could not let all of them die for the opportunity to become immortal.

“Do the orthodox sects not have anyone else so that a young brat like you has to speak?” Jiu Su saw Kong Hou and remembered how Hong Yan had schemed against him a decade ago. He waved his sleeve. The dust and stones around him gathered into an enormous evil dragon that roared towards Kong Hou with a gaping maw.

He liked beautiful women, but not women that dared to offend him.

The dragon of dust and stone did not get near Kong Hou before it was cut by Huan Zhong with a sword slash. The dust and earth flew and the ground became a mess.

Heng Yan looked at the destroyed stone tiles and felt his heart in pain. These stone tiles had been made from good jade. He would have to spend many spirit stones in order to buy more after these were destroyed.
After defeating Jiu Su, he would have to discuss with everyone about rebuilding Splendid Cloud Sect.

“Hm?” Jiu Su had not expected Huan Zhong to silently block his blow. He sneered. “Such a loving and dutiful man. You dare to rashly use spirit energy for your beloved woman. Do you not fear that your damaged spirit platform will be completely destroyed?”

Huan Zhong remained silent. Dragon Roar Sword hummed.

“Do you know why I am always at odds with you?” Kong Hou thought of how Huan Zhong’s spirit platform had shattered in her dream when he fought Jiu Su and how he eventually passed away of old age. She found Jiu Su especially displeasing. “Because my man is powerful and is willing to protect me at any time.”

“Zhong Xi, you have a famous reputation but your eyes are not good.” Jiu Su spoke as he attacked Kong Hou again. This time, he still failed. Huan Zhong had stopped him again.

“One should protect the person they love.” Huan Zhong’s red robes billowed amid the spirit energy. Everyone finally saw that the wedding robes had been embroidered with a hidden dragon pattern.