Chapter 35: Love and Hate

“If she continues to throw up like this, will she die?” While Kong Hou felt that this female cultivator was slightly brainless and unlikable, Kong Hou did not want her to die. She moved close to Huan Zhong to avoid Jin Ling’s gaze and said in a small voice, “Huan Zhong, let’s go.”

It must be because she had pulled out the Vermillion Grass here and ruined the fengshui that they encountered such weird cultivators.

“All right.” Huan Zhong looked at the female cultivator in pink surrounded by the other male cultivators. He pulled Kong Hou and jumped out of the treehouse. With a wave of his hand, he put away the treehouse. “Since we have decided to travel and sightsee, how about you ride in the carriage with me? It is more comfortable than the flying sword.”

In the past, he had been too embarrassed to invite Kong Hou to sit with him. But since the two of them had slept under the same roof last night, Huan Zhong felt that his invitation would not be offensive.

“All right.” Kong Hou replied without thinking. When she had just reached Base Building, she felt that flying on the sword was fun. She had since lost that sense of novelty. It was good to ride in the carriage and save on spirit energy.

“Path Friends, please wait.” Zhou Xiao hurried over and bowed to the three. “Just now, we have offended you. Please forgive us.”

Huan Zhong ignored him. He took out a jade flute and blew into it. The whinneys of horses resounded from the forest. In the blink of an eye, two snowy-white horses appeared pulling the carriage and stopped in front of Huan Zhong.

Lin Hu patted the heads of the two horses. He took out two spirit grasses from his storage ring and gave each of the horses one.

Wind Grass? Zhou Xiao thought something was wrong with his eyes. Feeding expensive Wind Grass to horses? He blinked and watched as the horse’s mouth chewed down half of the spirit grass. He had to admit that was the Wind Grass sold for almost one hundred spirit stones apiece.

Huan Zhong got onto the carriage and turned back to give a hand to Kong Hou. “Kong Hou, come.”

Kong Hou gave her hand to Huan Zhong and jumped onto the carriage. Turning around, she saw Zhou Xiao standing dazedly by the side. He looked slightly pitiful so she smiled at him. “Farewell.”

“Fare-farewell.” Zhou Xiao looked at the young girl on the carriage smiling at him. Standing there dazedly, he suddenly felt that the snowy day had turned brighter.

“Shixiong.” Jin Ling came next to Zhou Xiao, a hand on her chest. “Who are these three cultivators?” Would they spread what had occurred today? She could not afford the embarrassment.

Zhou Xiao shook his head. “I don’t know. But cultivators who will feed Wind Grass to their horses will not be ordinary people.”

“Feeding the Wind Grass sold for one hundred spirit stones to horses?” Jin Ling thought that she had heard incorrectly. But she knew that the sect shixiong would not lie to her about this.

Thinking about the white-robed cultivator’s handsomeness, Jin Ling shook her head and sighed. Mother frequently said to her that women could use their beauty to make men run errands for her, to work for her. But she could not pick a man who did not know how to live prudently, no matter how good-looking he was.

Feeding such expensive Wind Grass to horses? This person’s mind was not good. What a pity for that beautiful face.

“Shimei, let’s hurry.” Seeing Jin Ling become silent, Zhou Xiao said, “Recently, evil cultivators have been committing crimes. Two days ago, in an inn in Mound City, an evil cultivator dug out the heart of the victim. Also, the victim was not an ordinary person but Clear Dawn Sect’s Celestial Ling Bo’s servant girl.