Chapter 119: Beastification

There were not many evil cultivators in this ambush, but they appeared prepared. They did not want these elite sect disciples to reach Radiance Sect.

Qiu Shuang looked over. These evil cultivators mostly had powerful cultivation and were brimming with fiendish energy. They all had hands dyed in blood. She did not have a good temper. Even though her cultivation had reached Transcendental Stage, her temper was not much better than when she was young. She did have tolerance for good-looking juniors, but this did not mean that she could tolerate juniors who did evil things.

As the most powerful elder of Splendid Cloud Sect, Qiu Shuang was just a symbol of Splendid Cloud Sect most of the time. Juniors rarely saw her actually fight.

“So ignorant.” Qiu Shuang sneered. The jade table in front of her shattered. “You scum dare to challenge orthodox sects. Who gave you the bravery?”

The circle fan in her hand shone with golden light. Lightning flashed deep in the clouds as heaven and earth seemed to reverse.

The female yao‘s expression grew serious. She pulled out a soul summoning token and gradually countless departed spirits gathered over. She played with her hair. “I know you orthodox sects have some abilities. Don’t you all believe in reincarnation? How about I get some departed spirits to play with you?”

These orthodox sects liked to do things like protecting helpless people. These departed spirits were the souls of the dead common people. Would they protect them?

The most pleasing thing was to control the lives and deaths of other people and do as one pleased in order to be invincible.

When Elder Qiu Shuang saw the dense group of souls, her fan dimmed slightly. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the cursing evil cultivators hiding behind the departed spirits. She suddenly flew up, passed over the souls and threw the evil cultivators off the clouds. She turned and said to the disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect, “Base Building and above sword cultivators form formations, and use your energy to control the souls.”

“Yes.” The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect took out their lifebond talismans and flew without hesitation into the air.

Li Rou and Gui Ling wanted to follow but were stopped by Kong Hou. “You two children with Energy Refinement cultivation should not participate.”

“Shishu…” Gui Ling and Li Rou looked at the other disciples fighting with the souls in the air and showed panic.

Kong Hou sent them with a push to Qing Yuan’s side and bowed to him. “Shishu, I will put these two children into your care temporarily.”

Qing Yuan nodded. There were a further three disciples who had not yet reached Base Building behind him. Gui Ling stood silently behind Qing Yuan and watched as a shishu who liked to look pretty got their hair grabbed by a soul. They ignored the pain from their hair and used their talisman to subdue the soul. The other disciples were the same. These souls were very fragile. With one blow, they could kill countless of these souls, but they chose the most troublesome method.

He gripped the sword hilt, and felt both sore and bitter inside.

“Take out your swords.” Shuang Qing looked as Kong Hou and the Splendid Cloud Sect disciples tangled with the evil cultivators and the souls. He turned and said to the disciples of Primary Luck Sect, “Those above Base Building, take out your swords.” With Splendid Cloud Sect delaying the evil cultivators, Primary Luck Sect had the chance to escape. But Shuang Qing looked at the Splendid Cloud Sect disciples who did not retreat and raised his hand.

He disliked Splendid Cloud Sect, but… he also wanted face. He could not do something like run away from the battlefield.

Jin Ling came out from the corner with a pale face. Her hand trembled as she gripped her sword but she did not draw back.