Chapter 129: Exchange

Silence was the most awkward.

In this short moment, Blue Feather Sect's three disciples regretted greatly that they came to knock on the door.

"Apologies, you are Spirit Master Zhong Xi." Ban Wu didn't dare to look at Huan Zhong and Kong Hou. His face was red. Kong Hou saw the trio were clearly embarrassed but still peeking at Huan Zhong. She couldn't help but smile. "Path Friends were just worried that evil cultivators were impersonating orthodox cultivators to enter Pei City. You were not deliberate in your actions. Do not keep this matter in mind."

"We are rash and should not have suspected others without proof." Ban Wu was slightly puzzled. Why was Spirit Master Zhong Xi in the company of a female cultivator? The rumors said that Spirit Master Zhong Xi had great skill in the sword path, and was not close to women. But he was intimate in speech with this female cultivator.

Were the rumors incorrect or was this person not Spirit Master Zhong Xi at all? But this was Radiance Sect's base. Who dared to impersonate Spirit Master Zhong Xi here?

Many thoughts appeared in this moment. Ban Wu looked closely at Kong Hou. Risking the displeasure of Spirit Master Zhong Xi, he asked, "Celestial is?"

"This one is the disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect, Kong Hou. If you do not mind, please sit and drink tea with us." Kong Hou invited the three cultivators to sit.

"An honored disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect." Even far away in the northwest, Ban Wu had heard of Kong Hou's reputation. The most talented disciple in the junior generation of Splendid Cloud Sect, the hope of the sect. A person with honor who had saved orthodox cultivators from evil cultivators many times. No wonder Spirit Master Zhong Xi was close to this person. Even he wanted to be on good terms with a woman like this.

He no longer doubted the two's identities. Ban Wu greatly desired to stay and drink a cup of tea. But he knew that his previous actions had been very rude. If he stayed shamelessly and drank tea here, even if Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Celestial Kong Hou did not mind, he would mind.

"Shixiong, would they lie to us?" After leaving the tea house, the little shimei said reluctantly, "Spirit Master Zhong Xi seems very different from the rumors."

In her imagination, Spirit Master Zhong Xi should be twice as tall as her, wear gold armor, hold a sharp sword in hand, and give off an aloof and ferocious presence. But when she saw this Spirit Master Zhong Xi... he wasn't an icy cold sword cultivator, but more like an ethereal cultivator.

"When cultivators reach the stage they return to their essence, other people cannot see what path they cultivate just with the naked eye." Ban Wu shook his head and said confidently, "This must be Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Celestial Kong Hou."

"This Celestial Kong Hou is said to be close to Spirit Master Huan Zhong-how come she is also on good terms with Spirit Master Zhong Xi?" The little shimei complained, seemingly displeased but not daring to speak too far.

Ban Wu frowned at her. "Rude. Based on seniority, you should call Celestial Kong Hou Shishu. As a junior, how can you talk about the matters of your elders? We will reach Radiance Sect soon. If you are still so rude in your words, I can only ask Eldest Shixiong to send you back."

The little shimei bit the corner of her lip and didn't speak. If she reached Radiance Sect and was driven out, what would the other disciples think?

"Path Friend, do not be so stern. Why scold one of your own for an outsider-wouldn't this harm your relationship?"

Ban Wu looked sideways and saw a man in brocade robes standing a few paces away. This was a very good-looking man with strong brows, bright eyes and a warm expression. He looked very easy to get along with. Ban Wu frowned slightly. A true gentleman would not eavesdrop on the conversation of others and interrupt wantonly.