Chapter 79: Sword Wound

Lin Hu’s words cut off when he saw Huan Zhong. His gaze swept up and down Huan Zhong, filled with clear disapproval. However, some words were not suitable to be said in front of Kong Hou so he suppressed the urge.

Huan Zhong took two fruits from Kong Hou’s hands that she had just plucked. “Remember to rest a while.”

Kong Hou nodded. She guessed the two had matters to talk about so she ran off to the side.

There were some buildings of various styles on the empty land nearby. These buildings were all talismans for cultivators to temporarily live in when travelling.

Kong Hou carried fruits to sit next to Ling Bo.

“These fruits are really fresh.” Ling Bo did not need Kong Hou’s invitation and reached out to take the fruits. She got a basin of water and washed them. “Full of spirit energy, sweet and crisp—I want to take them back to the sect to grow.”

“These fruits are only so delicious because they grow in a place with such dense spirit energy.” Kong Hou put all the fruits into the basin and motioned for Ling Bo to wash them all. Ling Bo pretended not to see Kong Hou’s hint and turned to look at her young shidi.

The young shidi immediately understood what Shijie meant. He rolled up his sleeves and started to wash the fruits.

It was not important who did the washing, just that someone did it. Kong Hou picked a big and red fruit to eat. “What do you plan now?”

“First meet up with my eldest shixiong.” Ling Bo recalled that Kong Hou and the others were searching for something called the Cloud Seeking Tree. “Did you find what you wanted?”

Kong Hou silently shook her head. The spirit of the secret realm had not lied to her. There may really not be a Cloud Seeking Tree in here. The Cloud Seeking Tree could not touch soil and its whereabouts were uncertain. She had been searching in the mists and even the water, but found nothing.

“Many things depend on chance. Do not be in too much of a rush.” Ling Bo was in a rare good mood to talk to a young girl. “Radiance Sect thinks of the sword as their life. To them, nothing is more important than the sword.” If this young girl really ended up with Spirit Master Huan Zhong, it would be best if they lived on Splendid Cloud Mountain. For disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect, the days of Radiance Sect were not easy to live.

Kong Hou did not know why Ling Bo suddenly mentioned how the sword cultivators of Radiance Sect were like but still nodded muddle-headed. “Oh.”

Looking at her unconcerned expression, Ling Bo frowned slightly. This was a young girl who did not know that common matters like this could turn a goddess into an old woman.

“What if you cannot find the item—you will leave the secret realm?” Ling Bo would not press her point. Although she was proud, her mind was very clear. She knew it was inappropriate to say too much on some matters.

“We will first send you to Path Friend Chang De.” Kong Hou looked into the sky. “I have not entered a secret realm before. This time, I can learn and broaden my knowledge.”

Ling Bo turned silent. Usually, when a disciple joined the sect, they would spend the first decade mostly in the sect for cultivation. Even if there were secret realms, those were not suitable for newly joined disciples to explore.

But Kong Hou’s cultivation grew too rapidly. It seemed unsuitable to use these common traditions on her.

There were many kinds of secret realms. Some would suddenly appear and be full of dangers. Some secret realms were left behind by the ancestors of sects. Those did not have great dangers, but there was a possibility of suffering hardship inside them.