Chapter 2

The girl's speech carried a subtle accent but was surprisingly pleasant to the ear.

Yao Yanyan took out a nail clipper from her bag, absent-mindedly grinding her nails, and lifted her eyelids to look out through the small gap revealed by Zheng Shu.

She couldn't see anything.

Yao Yanyan withdrew her gaze, anxiously waiting for Zheng Shu to extract the specific route from the person's mouth.

"I want to ask for directions. little girl, do you know how to get to Fengkang Town?"

"It's straight ahead."

She stood far away, her voice muffled and low, and Zheng Shu didn't hear clearly, "What?"

After asking, there was a few seconds of silence.

Cheng Xuan pursed her lips, feeling pressure from this overly ostentatious pink sports car.

She gritted her teeth, took her brother's hand, and took a half step forward.

"Go straight ahead."

She glanced up and noticed there was someone in the passenger seat.

A fair-skinned girl.

She quickly lowered her head and didn't dare to look again.

Zheng Shu expressed his thanks, and seeing the little girl walking alone with her brother so late at night, he felt a bit soft-hearted.

He asked the young miss in the passenger seat, "Miss, it's not safe for that little girl to be alone outside so late. Shall we give her a ride and take her part of the way?"

Unexpectedly, the usually affected young miss was unexpectedly agreeable, "Okay."

Zheng Shu was pleased, "little girl, get in the car. It's not safe so late at night. We'll give you a ride."

Cheng Xuan shook her head, "No need, I'm almost home."

Zheng Shu said, "But..."

Cheng Xuan said, "I really don't need it."

Feeling that her refusal was too stiff, Cheng Xuan said thank you again, feeling uneasy.

Zheng Shu had no choice but to go, fearing that the young miss would lose patience.

Cheng Xuan stood still until the pink sports car gradually disappeared into the darkness in her line of sight before retracting her gaze and continuing on her way.

This year, Cheng Xuan had not been out of town much, so an overly luxurious sports car like this felt like an alien visitor. Even the usually calm Cheng Xuan couldn't help but be a little curious.

But her curiosity was short-lived, and when she arrived at her doorstep sweating profusely, and saw her mother opening the door to greet them, the sports car felt like a dream, forgotten in an instant.

"Finally, you're back."

Chen Huishu's face looked unpleasant.

She had obviously been waiting anxiously and wanted to scold her son for sneaking off to the internet cafe, but seeing her son sleeping soundly, she couldn't bear to wake him up.

With nowhere to vent her anger, she looked at Cheng Xuan standing in front of her and was about to scold her, but then she remembered that her eldest daughter had gone out for almost three hours just to bring her little brother back.

Reluctantly, she said in an unhappy tone, "Alright, go back to your room. What are you standing here for?"

Cheng Xuan looked at her and then walked away, holding Cheng Shibao in her arms. She licked her dry lips and walked lightly back to her own bedroom.