Chapter 7

Because of that book, Yao Yanyan didn't sleep well all night.

She was worried that Cheng Xuan would be guarded against her again, which not only would follow the same path as the original book, but also all the efforts she had made before would be in vain.

So the next morning, Yao Yanyan unusually didn't laze in bed.

When she heard some noise downstairs, she put on her coat and went downstairs.

....

Cheng Xianshun was tiptoeing and searching for rain gear on top of the cabinet.

It was raining today, and the sun had not come out early in the morning.

Cheng Xianshun couldn't find the rain gear, so she was about to go to the kitchen to get a stool when she looked up and saw a person standing at the staircase.

Wearing a light veil coat, with long hair scattered, her eyes slightly narrowed, her hair and pupils were both an unusual light honey color. Standing there silently, she exuded a very refined fairy-like aura.

Cheng Xianshun was stunned when she saw her. When she reacted, her cheeks turned red.

She had never seen such a beautiful person before.

Yao Yanyan rubbed her hair and looked up and down at the child in front of her, but didn't come down the stairs. Instead, she squatted down and asked, "Are you Cheng Xuan's sister?"

Cheng Xianshun nodded, looking at her with bright eyes.

Yao Yanyan found her less annoying and lazily walked down the stairs barefoot.

She was all white, even her feet were pretty.

Cheng Xianshun saw her snow-white feet stepping on the black wooden floor, as if a snowflake had fallen, and inexplicably caught her attention.

She bent down, and her long hair hung down. "What's your name?"

Cheng Xianshun was too embarrassed to look at her, her face turning red. "Cheng... Cheng Xianshun."

"What are you going to do?" she asked.

"Going to attend a cram school." Cheng Xianshun's voice was as small as a mosquito.

"Oh, a cram school..." Yao Yanyan muttered softly, feeling unhappy again.

She was arrogant and couldn't help but think why she didn't enroll Cheng Xuan in a cram school?

Even though Cheng's family favored boys over girls, their youngest daughter still attended a cram school. But this year, Cheng Xuan, who was in her second year of high school, couldn't even attend school and had to serve her younger siblings as a nanny at home.

Thinking about it made Yao Yanyan angry.

She didn't like anything and even squatted down to pinch Cheng Xianshun's face, speaking in a bad tone, "Why don't you hurry up and go? Or do you need your sister to send you there? Are you lacking an arm or a leg?"

Cheng Xianshun could tell from her tone that she was unhappy and was afraid of being disliked. She became anxious and stuttered, "I...I..."

Suddenly, the door behind them opened, and Cheng Xuan came out of the room.

The soundproofing of Yao Yanyan's room was poor, so she heard their entire conversation.

Cheng Xianshun's face was still being pinched, and her eyes were red. When she heard Cheng Xuan come out, she weakly called out, "Sister..."

Cheng Xuan pulled Cheng Xianshun over and furrowed her brows, looking at the young miss who was squatting on the ground.

Almost the moment she saw Cheng Xuan come out, the young miss's eyes curved, and she was completely different from her cold and difficult treatment of Cheng Xianshun just now.