Chapter 9

Cheng Xuan didn't refuse and went upstairs with her.

The two of them walked up the stairs in single file, with Yao Yanyan constantly paying attention to Cheng Xuan behind her.

She was several times more difficult to deal with than she had imagined.

Before coming, Yao Yanyan only knew Cheng Xuan as a character in a novel who followed the route of a female lead, was good at counter-attacking, and had a complicated background. But she had never seen her in person before, and didn't know that the real Cheng Xuan was like this.

She was accustomed to being patient and reserved, yet tough, had an overly high self-esteem and cared about many unexpected small things.

The more she got to know her, the less she could mechanically try to gain her favor like she did before, just holding onto the idea of completing a mission.

After all, Cheng Xuan was a living person.

The two of them arrived upstairs, and Yao Yanyan turned around to take a look at Cheng Xuan.

She had been wearing a black short-sleeved shirt and denim pants that had been washed to a pale color.

Fortunately, her superior genetics gave her long legs and a tall stature, so even if she wore a sack, she wouldn't look too bad.

Yao Yanyan estimated that she didn't have any other clothes to change into: "Wait for me, I'll go get you some clothes to change into."

Without giving her a chance to refuse, Yao Yanyan quickly walked away and turned on the light in the bedroom to look for clothes.

She always liked to wear complex styles, even her nightgowns had light and airy lace edges. It wasn't until she searched through the last layer that she found a set of clothes that Cheng Xuan could wear.

A white bear short-sleeved shirt and a black pair of pajama pants.

"Here you go." Yao Yanyan jogged out and handed the clothes to Cheng Xuan.

Cheng Xuan remained in place, and after receiving the clothes, she didn't look at them. She only raised her eyes to look at Yao Yanyan.

The girl's eyes were as black as a deep pool, with thick and dense eyelashes, and complex and unclear emotions.

"Why do you have to be so good to me?"

Her question was strange.

Paired with this scene, someone who didn't know would think that something was wrong with Yao Yanyan.

Yao Yanyan's brain short-circuited for two seconds due to this strange question, but she understood what she meant.

"You're asking me why I'm so good to you?"

Cheng Xuan nodded, and her gaze directly met hers.

Yao Yanyan considered for a moment and tried to find a reasonable reason that wasn't too strange: "Because I... like you?"

As soon as she said this, Yao Yanyan felt that it didn't sound right.

Cheng Xuan, who was so guarded, would probably suspect her of having ulterior motives after hearing such a strange reason.

She was just thinking about explaining a bit more when Cheng Xuan unexpectedly nodded her head and easily accepted this reason.

It could only be this reason.

Cheng Xuan thought, the emotions hidden beneath her thick eyelashes were difficult to discern.

She was just a spoiled young miss looking for amusement, and any kindness shown to her was likely just a passing fancy.