Chapter 41

The days flew by, and it was another summer.

Jiang Leyu walked up to the company building wearing red high heels, carrying a huge bouquet of roses she had received from the security guard.

Five years ago, Jiang Leyu graduated from college and didn't continue with her finance major. Ignoring her parents' objections, she entered the gaming industry and started her own small company. The company wasn't big, and the employees were all young. When they saw her coming in with a bouquet of roses, they teased her, saying, "Oh, General Manager Jiang, who sent you the roses? How romantic!"

"It was sent by a little white-eyed wolf. They see how pitifully single I am," Jiang Leyu smiled with a hint of mischief. "It's my twenty-eighth birthday today, and I have to pick up my sister later. Can you believe how much of a little white-eyed wolf she is?"

As she spoke, the elevator doors opened, and Jiang Leyu nodded at a few employees while holding the red roses. She stepped into the elevator.

As the elevator ascended to the third floor, Jiang Leyu immediately caught the sweet aroma of a cake.

The employees wished her a happy birthday and teased her about the roses.

Jiang Leyu greeted them first, saying, "I still have to pick someone up later. If you cut me a small piece, I'll leave right away."

The employees exaggeratedly moaned, "We've been waiting for you for so long, and now you're leaving!"

"Yeah, the birthday girl is leaving so early."

Jiang Leyu chuckled and ignored their moans, placing the roses down. "I really have to pick someone up."

After saying that, she thought for a moment and decided to tell everyone about the matter at hand. There was no avoiding it anyway. "We're welcoming a new employee."

"Who? Such a grand occasion..." Everyone was puzzled.

One of the experienced female employees, who had been drawing on a sketch, turned her chair around upon hearing the news and casually quipped, "It couldn't be the one whose name starts with 'S,' right?"

To their surprise, their beautiful boss nodded with a smile.

Female Employee: ?!

The female employee immediately stood up, her face turning red. "Me? Really her! She's back! Karmi has returned!"

The female employee turned excitedly to face everyone. "S.moke! I joined this company because of her! But I worked here for three damn years without ever seeing her!"

Some of the older employees were also bewildered. "Damn, is it really her?"

The new employees couldn't wrap their heads around it and asked, "Who is it exactly?"

Seeing that the newcomers didn't know, the older employees briefed everyone on s.moke's achievements.

She was a master in the world of art, initially studying oil painting and sketching, but later switched to illustration. She was a super famous artist with millions of fans on foreign websites. Normally, their small company wouldn't be able to attract such a talented individual, but it just so happened that their boss and s.moke were good friends.

Jiang Leyu loved seeing their surprise. After finishing the cake on her plate and realizing it was almost time, she paid no attention to everyone's questions and grabbed her bag before heading downstairs.

She ran all the way wearing high heels, completely disregarding her position as a boss. It wasn't until she got in the car that she remembered she hadn't taken the banner. Frustrated, she pounded her thigh and quickly ran back up to retrieve it.