Chapter 15

Looking at Cheng Xuan's eyes, Yao Yanyan's anger dissipated inexplicably.

She had known Cheng Xuan for quite some time, and she knew all too well how stubborn she could be.

There was no point in getting angry at her over something so trivial.

After all, she owed her, not the other way around.

Once she realized this, Yao Yanyan relaxed her tense facial expression. But she was still too embarrassed to apologize, so she spoke harshly: "You look tired."

Cheng Xuan nodded.

Yao Yanyan belatedly realized that she had asked a pointless question and became annoyed with herself: "Come up and have some mung bean soup!"

Cheng Xuan was taken aback: "What?"

The young miss stood on the edge of the field, hands on her hips, bright and eye-catching: "Mung bean soup! I brought you some food. Eating a little something won't waste too much time, will it?"

And it wouldn't.

In fact, Cheng Xuan's stomach was already burning with hunger.

After a few seconds of hesitation, Cheng Xuan put down her hoe and jumped up onto the edge of the field.

Yao Yanyan was relieved to see that he didn't refuse.

Later in the novel, Cheng Xuan suffers from a severe stomach ailment. Yao Yanyan had always thought this was just an arbitrary detail added by the author to make Cheng Xuan's tragic beauty even more poignant.

But since moving to Fengkang Town, she had discovered that Cheng Xuan's stomach problems were caused by years of irregular eating habits.

She suspected that Cheng Xuan's appetite had already begun to deteriorate at this point.

That's why she prepared warm and refreshing food for her, including mung bean soup with some Job's tears, pumpkin soup, and some steamed buns.

The food was all sealed tightly in boxes and didn't spill a drop on the way. It was still warm when they arrived.

Cheng Xuan was really thirsty and hungry, so she thanked her and began to eat.

Yao Yanyan sat next to her and watched her drink the porridge. She leaned over and asked with a narrow smile, "Is it good?"

In the summer night in the countryside, the sky gradually darkened, and the surrounding insects buzzed.

The girl wore a mosquito-repellent bracelet on her wrist, and her two snow-white hands were close to her, almost touching.

Cheng Xuan glanced at her with her pitch-black eyes and lowered her thick eyelashes: "Hmm."

"Hehe," she laughed, her eyes curved like crescent moons, and her amber pupils were as sweet as honey. "I made soup."

"Pfft!" Cheng Xuan choked and coughed, quickly putting down the bowl. "You... you made it?"

Cheng Xuan's panicked reaction surprised Yao Yanyan, who handed her a handkerchief. "I didn't put anything weird in it, you know."

Coughing, Cheng Xuan's face turned red, and her black eyes glistened with watery emotions. "No... cough... I didn't mean that."

She was simply surprised that Yao Yanyan knew how to make soup.

Cheng Xuan silently found an excuse in her heart for her earlier loss of composure.

But the girl easily exposed her true thoughts: "You're so happy to drink the soup I made?"