Chapter 52

Cheng Xuan was crying.

She was someone who had become so accustomed to silent endurance that even her tears were soundless.

It had been raining all day outside, the sound of the raindrops falling hit Yao Yanyan's ears. The woman who embraced her was breathing heavily, like a cat that had left its owner, constantly rubbing her forehead against Yao Yanyan's shoulder, revealing the deep longing that had been buried for many years.

However, her embrace was restless, as if to confirm Yao Yanyan's existence, she continuously used her slender fingers to trace the skin on Yao Yanyan's back.

In the summer, wearing less clothing, her icy fingers were separated by a thin layer of fabric, yet it felt as if they had already touched Yao Yanyan's skin, causing a series of goosebumps to rise on her back.

Yao Yanyan was being led by her, perspiration covering her body, her neck and tailbone were tingling, making it difficult for her to sit still. Regardless of her emotions, Yao Yanyan pushed her forcefully, saying, "Cheng Xuan... let go of me!"

"Mmm." She responded, raising her eyes in the haze, her gaze shimmering like a layer of water, devoid of her usual resoluteness.

"Sister, I miss you."

These were the only two sentences she said, she wouldn't say anything else, but her tone was cold and calm, without the slurred speech of drunkenness, appearing exceptionally serious.

Trembling, Yao Yanyan let out a breath and tried to pull her up.

"Cheng Xuan, come with me, I'll make you a sobering soup."

"Sobering soup..." Cheng Xuan repeated, her gaze momentarily scattered. Yao Yanyan pulled her and she followed suit, standing up.

"Can you walk?" Yao Yanyan asked.

"I can't walk," Cheng Xuan replied, and as soon as the words fell, she even smiled at Yao Yanyan.

Yao Yanyan was truly dumbfounded by her. Suppressing the heat in her body, she asked, "What are you laughing at?" as she reached out to embrace her.

It had been a long time since she heard her respond.

After a moment, a sigh dispersed into the air above their heads.

Yao Yanyan raised her eyes in confusion, meeting her gaze.

In the exchange of gazes, Yao Yanyan saw the corners of her eyes curling up, and in her eyes that looked at her, there was an unmistakable yearning and deep affection.

"I'm laughing," she said, her voice very soft, reminiscent of the flowing ice and snow, "laughing at myself."

"Laughing at myself, because at this moment, I finally feel that you have returned to my side."

Her straightforward words left Yao Yanyan's mind blank.

The other party's gaze was calm and direct, the dim light blending into the darkness of her eyes. After saying those words, she seemed shy or embarrassed, and she lowered her head without saying another word.

Pretending to be drunk.

Yao Yanyan knew.

She was inexplicably angry and wanted to throw this person out directly.

But rationality kept pulling her back. Yao Yanyan closed her eyes, sighed, and supported Cheng Xuan as they walked to the door. She unlocked it with her key.

Inside the house, it was pitch black. Yao Yanyan tapped the light at the entrance, turned around to close the door, and even though she did it gently, it still woke up Yao Wu, who was sleeping inside.