Chapter 67

"Can I proactively love you?"

This sentence seemed like a repetitive enchantment, echoing in Cheng Xuan's mind throughout the whole day.

"...Am I dreaming?" She sat in front of her desk, massaging her temples that were throbbing from the stress of work. Her gaze moved line by line as she looked at the monthly financial statement in her hands.

Everything that happened today felt unbelievable to her.

After hearing Yao Yanyan's words at noon, her heart was in turmoil, and she forgot what she had replied before hastily leaving the building.

Perhaps her reaction was exaggerated and ridiculous, which was why her sister didn't even send her the usual casual messages like "Have you had dinner?" today.

She glanced at her phone for the third time and sighed in frustration.

Night fell, and the city lights illuminated the streets.

Meng Chengyan came out of the pantry with a clean coffee cup in hand, talking on the phone as she walked out. "Hey, I know, just wait for me for a moment, I'll put on my coat and come downstairs right away. Okay, bye."

She hung up the phone, walked to the office area, put on her coat, and raised her eyes, only to see the President's office still lit up.

"Hmm?" Meng Chengyan blinked, thinking that President Xiao Cheng had forgotten to turn off the lights before leaving. She picked up her bag, hummed a tune, and walked in.

"Disturbing you~" She hummed a casual tune as she entered the President's office, raising her hand to switch off the lights.

The President's office instantly turned pitch black. Meng Chengyan was about to leave when she heard a cold female voice from the opposite side.

"No need to disturb."

"I...!" She started to say something but quickly closed her mouth, biting her lip with her teeth.

Meng Chengyan looked at the woman sitting behind the desk as if she had seen a ghost. It was the woman sitting behind President Xiao Cheng, revealing herself as the lights turned on.

Unbelievable, what a strange quirk.

Meng Chengyan forced a smile. "Um... President Xiao Cheng, what's going on? Are you working overtime? Do you want me to bring you a drink?"

For a long while, no one spoke.

"No need." After who knows how long, the woman on the opposite side spoke in a cold tone.

Meng Chengyan felt a chill run down her spine, and she chuckled nervously. "Then... should I leave now? My boyfriend is waiting for me downstairs to watch a movie."

Her words implied, "You do your thing, don't even think about making me work overtime."

Cheng Xuan remained silent. After a moment, she stood up and picked up her suit jacket.

"Let's go."

"Oh, alright." Meng Chengyan bowed, quickly walking towards the exit.

But just as she was about to leave, the woman called her.

"Xiao Meng."

"Uh, yes?" Meng Chengyan's heart skipped a beat, afraid that Cheng Xuan was going to make her stay and work overtime, regretting her decision.

Why did she have to meddle in the President's office? She brought this upon herself!

However, the woman on the other side remained silent for a long time.