Chapter 26

"Ah?" Yao Yanyan was dumbfounded. "Who told you that?"

Yao Wu smirked, "Jiang Leyu."

"You..." Yao Yanyan held her forehead. "Can you stop playing with her next time?"

"But she always seeks me out. She's from the same art studio," Yao Wu pretended to look pitiful, with clear black and white phoenix-like eyes, as innocent as a little puppy. "Sister, tell me, is what Jiang Leyu said true?"

"No," Yao Yanyan pretended to be serious and flicked her forehead. "Stay away from her next time, don't let her lead you astray."

Yao Yanyan covered her forehead and pouted, half-believing and half-doubting in her heart. "Oh."

"Cheng Xuan, come here for a moment." Hong Xiaonuan retrieved her bag from under the counter.

Cheng Xuan walked over in silence.

"Can you help me collect the money? I'm going to find Sister Yanyan," she put the bag on her back.

Cheng Xuan had just stepped behind the counter when she heard the words "Sister Yanyan" and immediately looked up. "What are you going to find her for?"

"Huh?" Hong Xiaonuan was taken aback. "Didn't Sister Yanyan tell you?"

Cheng Xuan was also taken aback. "No..."

"Ah..." Hong Xiaonuan scratched her head. "Sister Yanyan's younger sister has arrived. Uncle Zheng doesn't know where the market is, so she asked me to go and help him buy some watermelons."

Cheng Xuan pursed her lips. "Oh."

"Okay," Hong Xiaonuan clenched the keys in her palm. "I'm leaving now. Take care of the store, and if it's not busy this afternoon, I'll let you leave early."

After saying that, she left without even looking back.

Cheng Xuan didn't even have a chance to say goodbye.

The hot air rushed in through the wide-open door, as Hong Xiaonuan had forgotten to close it.

Cheng Xuan walked over, closed the door tightly, and looked up at the sky.

It was a clear blue sky, with cicadas chirping among the surrounding green trees, disturbing one's peace of mind.

Her mind was in chaos, and time had become unusually difficult to endure.

Hong Xiaonuan returned a little after 6 p.m.

Sitting on a tricycle full of watermelons, she had an extremely happy expression on her face.

As soon as she entered the shop and mentioned it, Cheng Xuan learned that all those watermelons were given to Hong Xiaonuan by Zheng Shu.

Together with Zhang Yanqin, they helped unload the watermelons from the tricycle, and Hong Xiaonuan told Cheng Xuan to go back first.

"Your young miss misses you," Hong Xiaonuan smiled and patted her on the back.

With just one sentence, Cheng Xuan's afternoon worries were extinguished effortlessly.

She put her bag on her back, unable to control her pace, and quickly walked out of the store.

Zhang Yanqin, holding a watermelon, caught a glimpse of Cheng Xuan's expression, which seemed to be unable to contain her joy before leaving, and felt inexplicably strange in her heart. "Why is she so happy?"

Hong Xiaonuan also held a watermelon and shrugged. "Who knows, but Cheng Xuan has always liked the young miss."

Zhang Yanqin's expression froze for a moment upon hearing this, blinked twice, and carried the watermelon into the kitchen.