Chapter 33

Chen Huishu felt that she was a hundred percent justified, a hundred and twenty percent aggrieved. Even Guanyin Bodhisattva, if she saw her, would say how pitiful she was.

She cried out in anger, "Why are you shouting again! Our family matters have nothing to do with you!"

Yao Yanyan was infuriated by her and almost lost her composure. "How is it not related? I bought it for Cheng Xuan."

"But that's my family!" Chen Huishu retorted, "When Bao'er fell off the bike, I didn't come looking for you! It has nothing to do with you! If something is given, then it belongs to my family! What does it have to do with you?"

Yao Yanyan sneered, "Did I give it to your family? I gave it to Cheng Xuan! Is there something wrong with your ears?"

Chen Huishu pointed at her with her index finger and screamed, "It's only natural for Cheng Xuan to give things to Bao'er! That's what she should do as an older sister!"

Yao Yanyan's heart pounded with anger. "Bullshit! Did Cheng Xuan say she gave it? Are you here representing your mother?"

Chen Huishu really wanted to slap her hard, but she didn't dare. Seeing Cheng Xuan not saying a word and still pushing the bicycle inside, she wailed, "Can't control it anymore! Can't control it anymore! How can there be such a thing! Guanyin Bodhisattva, please judge! How can there be such a person! Even her own younger sister, she's like this! What sin have I committed! My family Bao'er has such a sister! What sin have we brought upon ourselves!"

The woman's screams were piercing, like a raging storm outside the door.

Yao Yanyan clenched her delicate white fingers on the staircase railing, furrowing her brows, about to retort when the girl standing at the door spoke.

She stood upright, her face expressionless, with slender, pitch-black eyes. She looked at Chen Huishu as if observing the most interesting little villain in the world.

The rain beat against the closed door.

Cheng Xuan seemed to smile, yet it also seemed like she didn't. It was just the expression in her eyes that made one's heart ache, as if a young girl had accepted her fate for the first time in her life.

"Yes, your family has brought upon themselves a calamity by giving birth to me."

Her voice was faint, very calm, blending into the raging storm outside the door.

"But I don't owe you anything."

Chen Huishu was still crying, still shouting, but she didn't hear a single word from her.

Finally, Cheng Xuan glanced at her one last time, put down the bicycle, and walked out of the door.

With a loud bang, the door was closed by the wind.

Chen Huishu sobbed and repeated, "It's my fault! It's my fault! I've brought this upon myself! Why did I end up with such a thing! Go die! Let the car outside run you over! Run you over!"

Chen Huishu kept cursing non-stop, and Yao Yanyan regained her senses and hurriedly ran downstairs, holding up her skirt.

But just as she was about to leave, she was called out by someone.

"Sister."

Yao Yanyan hurriedly turned around and saw Cheng Xianshun standing by the dining hall door.

Cheng Xianshun was about to chase after her, but seeing Yao Yanyan about to leave first, she handed her a raincoat, saying, "Put this on before going out."

"Okay." Yao Yanyan nodded, quickly put on the raincoat, and without having time to grab an umbrella upstairs, she opened the door. Just as she was leaving, she turned back and shouted at Chen Huishu, "It will all come back to you! You stupid bitch!" Then she hastily ran out of the door.