Chapter 12

"Your friend's injury is not a big deal, just put on a band-aid," said the doctor at the small hospital.

Under the bright white light, the blood-red wound on the pale palm became more conspicuous.

Cheng Xuan frowned as she looked at it and asked, "Don't you need to disinfect it?"

Seeing Cheng Xuan's concerned expression, the doctor stood up and said, "Okay, I'll disinfect it for her. But the wound is so small that it doesn't need to be bandaged. You don't even need to put anything on it. It'll be fine in a couple of days."

After putting on a band-aid, Cheng Xuan paid for it.

Yao Yanyan, who understood her intention, quickly stood up from her chair and chased after her, "You don't have to pay for it. I'll pay..."

"I'll pay." Cheng Xuan waved her off.

After all, Yao Yanyan was injured because of her. If she let Yao Yanyan pay, she would feel guilty and probably couldn't sleep at night.

The two of them left the small hospital, and Yao Yanyan suddenly remembered something.

She stopped Cheng Xuan and took out her phone from her pocket.

There were missed calls from Zheng Shu all over the screen, and several of them were even made by Yao Wu.

Yao Yanyan was about to call Zheng Shu back when suddenly her phone rang, and it was a call from her sister, Yao Wu.

"Hello?" Yao Yanyan answered the phone.

Yao Wu's sharp voice came through the speaker, sounding like she had turned on the speakerphone. "Sister! Where have you been?"

"I..." Yao Yanyan looked back at Cheng Xuan, who was expressionless, staring at her.

"Do you know how worried Zheng Shu and I were about you? Your phone is just a decoration with you. Do you know that we thought something happened to you and sent people to look for you?" Yao Wu scolded her like a cannon, each word hitting Yao Yanyan like a blow. "I'm sorry..." Yao Yanyan couldn't even lift her head.

"Hurry up and come back from that broken village!" After saying that, Yao Wu hung up the phone directly.

Yao Yanyan's face turned slightly red. Just now, she was pretending to be a eldest sister in front of Cheng Xuan, but now her younger sister was scolding her in front of her.

She couldn't even lift her head!

She looked up at Cheng Xuan to see her reaction, but Cheng Xuan didn't seem to be laughing at her as she had expected.

Instead, she remained expressionless, with dark eyes that conveyed some inscrutable emotion.

Her voice was slightly hoarse as she said, "You have a sister."

Yao Yanyan couldn't even guess what Cheng Xuan was asking. She tilted her head and said, "Yes."

Cheng Xuan looked at her for a few seconds before slowly looking away. "Okay."

Yao Yanyan: ?

Yao Yan was puzzled by Cheng Xuan's unusual behavior.

After calling Zheng Shu to let her know she was safe, she grabbed Cheng Xuan's arm and suggested they go to a restaurant together later that night.

She was in high spirits, and her constantly changing emotions reminded Cheng Xuan of unpredictable weather.

She wondered how she could keep up with it all.

Yao Yan didn't hear Cheng Xuan's reply and didn't think much of it. She took her to a small, somewhat deserted restaurant on the street.

Few people lived in Fengkang Town, so there were no other customers at the restaurant.