Chapter 30

The girl were being called stupid.

The salesperson who followed Yao Yanyan over was also dumbfounded, standing on the side without daring to make a sound.

Yao Yanyan furrowed her brows and walked confidently up to her, placing the canvas shoes by Cheng Xuan's feet. She lowered her eyes and stared at the girl who was half a head shorter than her. "I'm asking you a question, right?"

"I, I..." Zhang Xiaoman tugged on her boyfriend's sleeve and tried to hide behind him. She looked at Yao Yanyan as if she was facing a flood or a ferocious beast. She tugged on her boyfriend's clothes and said, "Look at her, she's bullying me."

The boyfriend was pulled twice before reluctantly taking his eyes off Yao Yanyan's face. He coughed and said, "Who are you?"

Yao Yanyan glanced at him with a gloomy expression, ignoring him. She only slightly bent down, staring straight at Zhang Xiaoman and coldly asked, "Who are you to Cheng Xuan?"

Zhang Xiaoman was frightened by her gaze and clung tightly to her boyfriend's clothes. "What... what do you want?"

Yao Yanyan suddenly smiled. Her smile was beautiful, her amber eyes curved like a sunlit lake.

However, the words she spoke were chilling. "Why are you so afraid? I don't have any ill intentions. Who are you to Cheng Xuan? Speak up, let me get to know you."

Zhang Xiaoman's lips trembled with fear, finding this exceptionally beautiful girl in front of her a bit sinister. "I... I'm her desk mate. Who are you?"

"I'm Cheng Xuan's sister," Yao Yanyan tilted her head slightly. She lifted her slender white finger and pointed at the skin beneath Zhang Xiaoman's eyelid.

"I'll remember you," she said softly. "When school starts, I'll have someone rearrange your seats. If you dare to show off your superiority in front of Cheng Xuan again, be careful."

Her finger was cold, and Zhang Xiaoman was nearly scared to death. She cursed Yao Yanyan as a lunatic and dragged her boyfriend away.

They walked quite a distance, but her boyfriend couldn't help but look back frequently and asked Zhang Xiaoman, "Was that really your desk mate's sister?"

"Of course not," Zhang Xiaoman knew that Cheng Xuan didn't have a sister. She felt angry and scared. She asked her boyfriend to wait while she made a phone call.

The call was picked up quickly on the other end, and Zhang Xiaoman shouted into the phone, "Hey, Sister Huang."

"What do you want!" Huang Mo sounded impatient. There was a lot of noise on her end, as if she was in a billiards hall.

Zhang Xiaoman anxiously replied, "I just ran into Cheng Xuan!"

Huang Mo cursed and sat up from her chair, scratching her straw-like blond hair as she walked outside. "And then?"

"Th-then, there was a girl with Cheng Xuan, acting all pretentious like she's crazy. Before I could say anything, she started trouble with me, saying she'll break our legs and warning me to be careful in the future. It's ridiculous! Who does she think she is?" Zhang Xiaoman exaggeratedly complained, feeling extremely wronged.

There was a moment of silence on the other side.

Zhang Xiaoman thought maybe the phone signal was bad and hesitantly said, "Hello?"

Huang Mo's voice carried a hint of hesitation. "...Is that girl exceptionally good-looking?"

Zhang Xiaoman felt jealous, seeing that her boyfriend's eyes kept looking back. Reluctantly, she replied, "Yes."