Chapter 76

"That woman claimed to be President Xiao Cheng's girlfriend." The receptionists gathered around and started discussing the bouquet of roses.

"Is it true or not? I've never heard that President Xiao Cheng has a partner."

"I only know that President Xiao Cheng is a lesbian. It's the first time I've seen her girlfriend coming over..."

"Well, who knows if it's true or not. You've all seen people trying to get close to President Xiao Cheng."

"Anyway, I'm not going to deliver the flowers. You can send them to whoever you want."

"Yeah, I'm not going to deliver them either!"

Everyone was afraid to send the flowers, fearing that it would bring bad luck to President Xiao Cheng.

It wasn't until the afternoon that the person at the center of the receptionists' discussion came in with some company staff.

She had a low air pressure, wearing a sleek black suit, draped in a houndstooth coat, and wearing a pair of pointed high heels. Her long hair was loosely tied with a hair tie, hanging down behind her waist. She walked at the forefront, exuding the decisive aura of a businessperson.

Seeing her posture, the receptionists became even more unwilling.

One of the receptionists, after hesitating for a moment, called out Meng Chengyan, who was standing on the edge of the crowd.

"Assistant Meng!" Her voice was low, and she exaggeratedly waved her hand at Meng Chengyan.

Meng Chengyan heard and glanced at Cheng Xuan beside her, then quickly ran over. "What's wrong?"

"This...," the receptionist handed over a large bouquet of roses.

Almost as soon as the bouquet was presented, Cheng Xuan, who happened to glance in their direction, stopped in her tracks, followed by a series of senior executives behind her, all looking in the direction of the reception area with suspicion.

"This...," Meng Chengyan was stunned. "Is this for me?"

"No," the receptionist shook her head. "It's for President Xiao Cheng." The receptionist said, nervously looking towards the woman facing them.

The woman tilted her head slightly and said, "I don't need it." After speaking, she lifted her foot and was about to walk forward.

"Oh, no!" The receptionist stumbled over her words. "This is, this is," she quickly checked the information they had received, "a lady named Yao, who claims to be your girlfriend, sent these flowers to you. She also... said to tell you happy birthday."

As she finished speaking, the woman on the other side walked over on her own.

The sound of high heels hitting the ground felt like it was pounding in the receptionist's heart, causing her extreme discomfort. She regretted her actions, fearing that Cheng Xuan would be angry and say that she lacked insight.

But the woman simply said a short word, "Thank you."

Then, she took the bouquet of roses from the receptionist's hands, holding it with both hands.

The receptionist hesitated for a moment, looking up, and saw the woman who usually seemed as cold as ice showing a look of joy and tenderness towards the bouquet of roses.

It was incredibly gentle, as if she was holding something beloved and expressing her delight.

"This was sent by my girlfriend," she said, "Thank you for relaying the message, Xiao Meng."