Chapter 75

With Jiang Leyu's approval, Yao Yanyan called a ride-hailing car first, and then sent a WeChat message to Cheng Xuan.

【Are you at the company? When will you come back?】

She waited for three minutes but didn't receive a reply.

Yao Yanyan furrowed her brows slightly and made a phone call, but nobody answered.

"Is she busy with work?" Yao Yanyan sighed, contemplating whether to continue calling. Then she remembered what Cheng Xuan had told her last time.

She searched for the phone number of Meng Chengyan that Cheng Xuan had saved in her phone and dialed it.

"Hello, Miss Yao," a familiar voice of Meng Chengyan sounded on the other end of the phone.

"Um... I just called Cheng Xuan, but couldn't get through. What is she doing right now?"

"President Xiao Cheng?" Meng Chengyan turned her head to glance inside the private room.

The woman inside lacked energy, kneeling on the side, her fair and delicate hands holding a teacup, slowly blowing out a puff of mist.

The journalist from the opposite side asked sharp questions, and also brought up some personal questions that shouldn't be published.

"I heard that Miss Cheng is a lesbian and has a same-sex partner. Can you confirm if this is true?"

The woman on the other side didn't even lift her eyelids. Her long eyelashes hung down like feathers, moistened by the steam from the tea.

"You've crossed the line," she took a sip of tea, looked up with a cold and expressionless gaze, "I never care about reputation. If you ask such personal questions again, let's end this interview here."

The journalist, Liu, smiled awkwardly and dared not bring up any inappropriate questions again.

Meng Chengyan only listened to a small part and turned her body back, whispering softly to the phone, "President Xiao Cheng is currently being interviewed by a journalist from the Golden Wealth Times."

"Who are you talking to?"

A cold and clear female voice came from beside her.

Meng Chengyan was startled, and her phone almost slipped out of her hand. "X-Xiao... President Xiao Cheng!"

Cheng Xuan's face showed no expression as she snatched the phone from her, glancing at the caller ID and slightly widening her eyes.

A familiar female voice came through the earpiece, tinged with a hint of concern. "Hello? Xiao Meng?"

"...Sister, sister," Cheng Xuan brought the phone to her ear.

"Hmm?" The voice on the other end sounded pleasantly surprised.

The moment Cheng Xuan heard her voice, all the fatigue in her heart dissipated.

"It's me, sister," she lowered her voice, not wanting Yao Yanyan to notice that she was unwell.

"Cheng Xuan, when will you come back today?" the voice on the other end sounded serene. "I really want to see you. Do you have time?"

Cheng Xuan's eyelashes trembled slightly, and without much thought, she replied, "Yes."

The woman on the other end of the call sounded delighted. "Really? Then I'll be waiting for you at home."

"Okay." Cheng Xuan responded, hanging up the phone and looking at the bewildered Meng Chengyan in front of her.

"President... President Xiao Cheng," Meng Chengyan was dazed, muttering, "Your schedule today was arranged until midnight. It's this late, and you're going back..."