Chapter 6

Cheng Xuan was led up the stairs by her, her mind completely blank.

"Sit." Yao Yanyan said to her, "Uncle Zheng will bring food soon, are you hungry now?"

Cheng Xuan shook her head and stood still in place. The air conditioning on the second floor was on full blast, and the warm-colored lights looked very quiet and peaceful.

There was a beautifully designed book on the coffee table with a bookmark in the middle.

Yao Yanyan turned her head and saw that she was standing at the staircase like a cat covered in defenses and couldn't help but laugh helplessly.

Sometimes she really didn't know what to do with her.

Yao Yanyan sat up, smoothed her black hair, and walked up to grab Cheng Xuan's wrist. "Don't be so restrained, we're friends."

Cheng Xuan was pulled to sit on the sofa opposite Yao Yanyan and finally saw that there was also a bottle of red wine and a highball glass on the coffee table.

There was a thin layer of residual red liquid in the highball glass, and Yao Yanyan noticed Cheng Xuan's gaze and asked, "Do you want to drink?"

Cheng Xuan shook her head.

Yao Yanyan propped up her face, "You don't drink...are you not of legal age?"

Cheng Xuan looked at her, "Mm."

Yao Yanyan asked, "How old are you?"

Cheng Xuan replied, "Seventeen."

"Oh, I'm two years older than you. My name is Yao Yanyan, 'Yao' as in the elegance of a lady, 'Yan' as in smoke."

Her fair hand reached out, and Cheng Xuan pursed her lips and shook her hand. "Cheng Xuan... 'Xuan' as in fantasy."

Yao Yanyan smiled, "I'm two years older than you, so you should call me sister."

"Call me 'sister,' and I'll protect you in the future, okay Cheng Xuan?"

Cheng Xuan looked at her, her jet-black pupils showing no emotion.

A warning sounded in Yao Yanyan's mind: [Ding! Prohibited from bullying Cheng Xuan!]

Yao Yanyan: [? I'm not doing that.]

The mechanical voice of the system was serious: [Yes, you are forcing Cheng Xuan to call you sister.]

Yao Yanyan: [... You're just a machine, what do you know about humans.]

The system was about to argue with Yao Yanyan, but then heard Cheng Xuan say, "Sister."

"Ah!" Yao Yanyan's sweet "Ah" caused the system to disconnect and never come back online.

Cheng Xuan was startled and looked at her with a strange expression, as if she didn't understand what was so happy about it.

But Yao Yanyan remembered the opening scene of the novel.

When Cheng Xuan first arrived at Yao's house, she was like a very cautious little animal. The Yao sisters thought Cheng Xuan was easy to bully, and didn't hesitate to give her a hard time.

When going to school, Cheng Xuan didn't know the way.

The Yao Yanyan in the novel acted like a good sister in front of her family, saying she would help Cheng Xuan find the way.

But the next day, she turned on her and said, "Stay away from me, you stink. You're disgusting."

Cheng Xuan didn't say a word, but silently pulled away from Yao Yanyan.