Chapter 65

The note was written beautifully.

It is often said that a person's handwriting reflects their personality, but in reality, Cheng Xuan's handwriting is not at all like her.

Her handwriting is delicate, with rounded strokes, and the letters are a bit chubby, looking especially cute.

Yao Yanyan smiled, pursing her lips. She searched for her white backpack on the sofa and took out a pink notebook. She carefully stuck the pink note on one of its pages and put it away. Then, as if encouraging herself, she gently patted the cover of the notebook with her fair hand.

"Cheng Xuan, from now on, I won't be a coward anymore."

She stood in front of the sofa, holding the notebook to her chest, took a deep breath, and pulled out her phone from the bag. She opened Zhang Anna's WeChat chat.

[Mom, I'll come back in a while. Let's talk.]

The reply came quickly, [Hmm.]

Just a single word, and it conveyed a strong sense of anger.

Yao Yanyan's palm felt a little cold. After sending a leave message to Jiang Leyu, she scooped some porridge from the kitchen. The porridge was still warm, and wisps of hot steam drifted out, warming Yao Yanyan's icy hands through the bowl's walls.

She always had low blood sugar in the morning, so she made an effort to drink two bowls of porridge, hoping to have enough energy and not feel weak and dizzy when confronting Zhang Anna.

Before leaving, Yao Yanyan thought for a moment and sent a WeChat message to Cheng Xuan.

[I've returned to Yao's house, Cheng Xuan. I'm going to seek justice for you.]

—I'm going to seek justice for you.

She typed those words heavily, and after sending the message, Yao Yanyan, like a general about to go into battle, walked out with her small shoulder bag on her back.

Now that it was already October, Jing City, being a coastal city, perhaps due to the sea breeze, had much colder weather compared to other places. Walking on the road, the leaves of the phoenix trees had already fallen all over the ground.

Yao Yanyan tightly wrapped herself in a knitted sweater, flagged down a bus, and sat by the window. Suddenly, she remembered the last time she and Cheng Xuan had taken the bus together.

Back then, Cheng Xuan's low blood sugar had almost scared her to death.

But this memory had a hint of strangeness to it.

Yao Yanyan paused for a moment. It was the peak hour for commuting, and the bus was packed with office workers, leaving no room to spare.

Yao Yanyan held her bag tightly, her thoughts entangled with that peculiar sense of familiarity.

It seemed like the last time wasn't the first time she had taken the bus with Cheng Xuan?

Yao Yanyan's mind went blank, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find that hidden memory in the corners. But there was a voice in her heart, repeatedly urging her to remember.

It wasn't until her phone screen lit up that Yao Yanyan's heart skipped a beat, and she pressed the screen with her fingertips.

But it wasn't the person she had imagined sending her a message; it was Jiang Leyu.

Below her leave message, Jiang Leyu replied with a "Okay" and asked what was wrong.

Yao Yanyan pursed her lips slightly and replied to her, [I've returned to Yao's house.]