Chapter 10

After finishing talking, a strange silence enveloped the two of them.

Yao Yanyan couldn't stand the atmosphere and looked at her.

Cheng Xuan clearly was not affected, with thick eyelashes falling down, casting a fan-shaped shadow. "Hmm."

Yao Yanyan frowned, feeling like there might be some misunderstanding. "You don't believe me?"

Cheng Xuan shook her head, raised her eyes, and her pupils were pitch black. "No, I believe you."

Of course, she believed her.

It was only for this reason that the young miss in front of her would randomly bestow kindness upon her.

Of course, this "honor" could easily be transferred to someone else at any time.

After all, Cheng Xuan believed that there were many people who were more cheerful and gentle than her but living in difficult circumstances.

Yao Yanyan didn't know what she was thinking. When she heard her say that she believed her, she was quite happy. "Then eat quickly!"

The power of food is great.

In the end, Cheng Xuan hesitated for two seconds and agreed to Yao Yanyan's proposal to go out and play tomorrow.

"But tomorrow I have to send my younger brother."

"It's okay," she showed a somewhat proud smile, "in the future, as long as you accompany me to go out and play, your mother will be responsible for picking up and sending your younger brother, and you don't need to worry about anything."

Cheng Xuan was dizzy from the words "you don't need to worry about anything" and suddenly remembered the story of the little white face that he had heard from his neighbors before. She quickly shook her head to dispel this strange idea.

The other party added, "You just need to accompany me to eat, drink, and play."

Cheng Xuan: "..."

Cheng Xuan was somewhat speechless.

When she went downstairs and returned to her room, she lay on her bed and looked at the ceiling. She was rarely feeling restless.

Cheng Xuan narrowed her eyes and suddenly remembered that she hadn't woken up in the middle of the night for a long time.

Because there had been no disturbing noises from upstairs since the young miss moved in.

She turned over and caught a glimpse of the book with the eerie cover on the bedside table.

Her fingers curled up for a moment, and then Cheng Xuan got up and picked up the book to flip through it.

....

"Where is Cheng Xuan?" Yao Yanyan asked.

Chen Huishu had just returned after dropping off her child, and last night's KFC meal made her compliant to the young miss in front of her. "I don't know either, I haven't seen her," she said.

"Could she still be asleep?" Yao Yanyan muttered.

Chen Huishu heard her and waved her hand, laughing. "No way, she wakes up earlier than anyone else every day. She's probably gone out..."

As she was speaking, the door to the inner room was pushed open.

Cheng Xuan walked out, her hair slightly messy and her face expressionless.

She was taken aback when she saw Yao Yanyan, who was made up at the door, and Chen Huishu, who had already returned after dropping off her child.

She looked at the clock in the living room.