4 - Burn

Russo

Morgan had gone to the hospital with Julio, he still had blood on his hands, and maintenance was still cleaning the stains off the floor. I was sitting on the table and chewing my nails. Reid came to the door frame, and knocked this time.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. You alright?" he asked.

"Not really. You know sometimes I use interrogation tactics that are supposed to get results. Some end good, some end like Julio Suarez," I replied.

"Morgan pulled him over the table, it wasn't entirely your fault," he said.

"We never profiled him as suicidal," I replied, "Do you think we were off from something?" I asked.

"It's always possible, but not something as extreme as suicide," he replied. "If I were to profile suicide, I would've guessed suicide by cop,"

"This guy would rather kill himself then face what he's done. Our guy isn't like that," I said. "He would take pride in what he did, almost as if it were a work of art,"

"Doesn't mean he didn't do it though; his suicide attempt may be in context with coming to grips with what he did," he said. I rested my head in the palm of my hand and stared at him while he talked. He noticed right away, and stopped. "What?" he asked.

"You remind me of my brother. He knew a lot of stuff," I replied. "Sorry, that's weird," I said.

"No, that's alright. You close with your brother?" he asked.

"I was for a while. He left for college, and I haven't seen him since," I replied.

"Really? When was the last time you heard from him?" he asked.

"Maybe...ten years ago? I don't know," I replied.

"My dad left when I was ten, I didn't see him again until I was twenty-five," he said.

"That must've been tough. Did you punch him out?" I asked.

"No, I very rarely resort to violence," he said.

"Right, nevermind," I had another question in mind, I wasn't sure if it would be a good question though.

"What else are you thinking right now?" he asked.

"Have you ever done it?" I asked.

"What have I done?"

"Sex, sweetie," the expression on his face was hilarious; he never saw it coming.

"I beg your pardon, are you serious?" he asked.

"Very, have you?" I asked again.

"Uh...y-yes. I did — I-I mean I have. I have had sex, of course I've had sex before," he replied. "Why would you ask me that?"

"I was curious!" I started to laugh, and he started to go red. "Aw, I'm sorry," I chuckled.

"No, that's fine. I never expected such a spontaneous question though," he said.

"Would you rather I gave you a warning?" I asked.

"What would be your warning?" he asked.

"That depends on if you could handle me or not," I replied. At that moment, Reid looked a bit horrified. "I'm kidding!" I started laughing again. He started too, then he huffed. "What is it?" I asked.

"I can't really remember the last time I joked with somebody," he said.

"Is that so?" I asked. He shook his head.