38- Drone

Russo

Saturday morning I woke up feeling content. It was the first time in a long time that I was happy with myself. I smiled, remembering what went on here last night, and it was absolutely perfect. Reid was still sound asleep, so I decided to surprise him.

I crawled out of bed and went into the kitchen, then started to make breakfast. It wasn't anything too special, just eggs and bacon. About ten minutes in, I turned away from the stove and towards the table, then jumped at the sight of Reid leaning against the door frame. I yelped out.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you," he said.

"No, that's alright. You were just really...really quiet," I replied. He sniggered a little then came over, putting a lingering kiss to my lips.

"You know what's going to happen when everybody finds out about this, don't you?" he asked me.

"Cruz would probably have a fit," I replied.

"Morgan would make dirty jokes whenever we're together," he grimaced. I chuckled and gave him another kiss.

"Oh my God, imagine Garcia's reaction," I said.

"She'd probably burst into pixie dust," he joked. I laughed as I went back to the stove, putting the eggs on a plate and putting it on the counter for him.

"What do you think Hotch and Rossi would say?" he asked.

"Well, I've heard that Rossi is the reason most of these fraternization policies were put into place at the bureau. As for Hotch, I'm not even sure. He's like an enigma," I replied.

"What if Hotch decides to transfer one of us because of it? And once he knows, the entire office will know," he asked, a little concern laced in his voice. I sighed and leaned against the counter.

"Then, I guess we'll have to make sure he doesn't find out," I said.

"How do we do that?" he asked.

"We kill Hotch," I said, then burst out laughing straight after that. Reid didn't find it so funny.

"You're joking...right?" he asked.

"Of course. I'm crazy, not insane...wait, that's too of the same thing," I replied. Reid shook his head at me, then planted another kiss on my cheek.

"You're emblematic, let's leave it at that," he said.

"Emblematic. I like that word," I replied. Just before we could share another kiss, his phone went off. Shortly followed by mine. We groaned simultaneously, then picked up the call.

"Russo,"

"This is Dr. Reid,"

"I'll be there in fifteen,"

"Be right there,"

"The office?" Reid asked.

"Yep, and pack your go-bag"

An hour later we walked into the plane, greeted by Kate. "You two are late," she said, giving us her suspicious eye.

"Subway got held up," Reid said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Somebody decided to throw himself in front of the train, held the entire system up for thirty minutes," I explained. Of course, that was a lie.

"I see, well we have a bad one," she said.

"How bad?" I asked.

"Miami," we followed her into the aircraft and took our seats