22- Fiona

Reid

"Daniel Sharrick? FBI!" Hotch busted in the door and we filed in. I went into the back, finding nothing but his bed with a neatly folded pair of clothes on the duvet. A round of 'Clear's echoed through the apartment as I noticed a closet door. That puzzled me, given that his had a wardrobe cabinet on the other end of the room. I snapped on a pair of gloves and opened the door, I didn't like what I saw.

"Guys! In here!" I shouted. Hotch, Rossi and JJ joined me in the room, shocked to see my discovery. The wall was covered with pictures of Kennedy; not photos that she would pose for, he was stalking her. There were shots of her at the precinct, in a cafe, at a hair salon; the most recent one was taken three days ago when she, Morgan, Garcia and I were leaving the movie theater. On a small desk were photos of another person, Fiona Barnes. He was stalking her too.

"Well, how do you like that?" Rossi asked.

Russo

The cold water felt nice on my skin, it woke me up and brought me to focus. I was about to go in that room and face Fiona's parents again. This had to be their worst nightmare; their daughter already being kidnapped once, it had to be torture knowing that it happened a second time. My wrist hurt like hell.

Garcia peaked through the door and gave a little wave. Besides Reid, she was the most worried about me. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"No, I'm not," I replied. "I can't go in that room and face these people, telling them that their daughter was kidnapped yet again.

"I can do it if you can't," she said.

"Penny, I can't ask you to do that," I told her.

"I counsel the families of victims every week, I can talk to them," she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive," I huffed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Go ahead, Morgan will be waiting for you," I replied.

"Hey, don't lose your head just yet, we still need you," she told me.

"I know," she gave me a smile, then closed the door. Silence was always my virtue, somehow, it calmed my nerves. But sometimes, silence was the one thing that made me over think everything. I shut my eyes, and instantly imagined ten years ago, when I made the stupid mistake of going to that party. Ten years later and I could still remember the feeling of their hands on me, grabbing at my body and pulling my hair.

My flashback was cut out by my phone, signalling a new message. I picked it up, and there was a text from an unknown number; it matched the number Fiona used to call me.

Come downstairs and outside, I'm waiting for you. If you're not down here in the next five minutes, I will kill Fiona, slowly, and painfully. Leave your gun. Do not tell anybody where you're going, you are to remain silent. Deviate from these rules, and you will be responsible for Fiona's death.

~Anonymous

This had to be the absolute last thing that I needed, but I wasn't about to let him hurt a little girl. I peaked out of the bathroom, not seeing anybody to stop me. They were busy with their reports, paperwork, and amber alerts for Fiona and Daniel Sharrick. A team had already left to Sharrick's apartment, but he wouldn't be there. They would've passed him right on his way here.

Dodging security detail, I entered the elevator, completely alone, and waited as it descended to the ground floor. I felt sick, like I would puke right then and there. By the time the elevator doors opened, I felt dizzy. I kept walking, acting as if nothing was wrong, and straight outside into the lot. I didn't see anybody there, but a dark van pulled up in front of me. The passenger door opened, and the driver gestured for me to step in.